Author Topic: 1969 Z28 CrList ad  (Read 9611 times)

Robincanada

• View Profile
Re: 1969 Z28 CrList ad
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 01:16:25 AM »
Hello, I am new here and by NO MEANS an expert on these cars, although I wish that I was. I viewed this car yesterday as it is about an hour away from where I live. It is quite rusty, especially behind the rear window in the grooves that run to the trunk. I was able to pick out a few of the things that you guys have mentioned but obviously you guys picked out a lot more than I did. Its from Texas originally so you are out of luck on any Canadian paperwork. It is described as an older restoration which is probably accurate. It also has severe bubbling on each of the B pillars, and rust holes on the lower, passengers side front valance. The doors are starting to rust as well. I will try and upload pictures of these areas but feel free to message me and I will send them. The doors sag, causing them to open and close poorly. The power steering pump squeals like crazy. The carb is wrong. The window molding are badly dented.

What concerns me most is that some members here are saying that the engine stamping is a fake. I have no tolerance for such things, thanks for pointing them out.

Anyway, I hope that what I have to say about the car, and the pictures, are of some help to you.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 01:37:15 AM »
If you can afford it, I would keep looking. There are many 69  Z cars for sale out there. For the amount of money it would take to correct the issues and have a nice car you would easily be upside down on the car. You can find a nicer car that will not need to blown apart  like this car, for less than you would have into this one after having to correct all the issues.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

Robincanada

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2019, 01:40:32 AM »
Thank you very much BULLITT65 I really, REALLY appreciate it. As I said I have other pictures and a video that I can share with other members but it seems as if the group has spoken. FWIW, I don't think that the seller is being intentionally dishonest. I think that like me, he is simply may not know that the stamping may not be original.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 03:19:56 AM by Robincanada »

Robincanada

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2019, 11:12:38 PM »
Greetings all,

This DZ block stamping is from a 1969 Z28 that is posted for sale on both the Vancouver, BC Canada and the Seattle, Washington Craigslist. In fact, the ad was just renewed today. The previous ad that is now deleted was a topic of discussion here a few days ago.

I would like some feedback on the authenticity of the stamping pictured below. A few people have stated that its a fake stamp. As I am not an expert on this topic I am looking for reasons why people think that it's fake, (if you think its fake).

Thank you in advance, and thank you to those that have given an opinion in the previous post.

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2019, 11:18:16 PM »
Not the best pic but it is a restamp.  What was the vin of the car?

Robincanada

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2019, 11:32:05 PM »
Thank you Darrell for the quick response. I appreciate the help! Here is the VIN. Anything in your database?

Everett#2390

• ^Bess
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2019, 11:42:22 PM »
Robin, Mr. Cook is asking about the VIN stamp on the same engine block pad with the DZ stamp.
You might have to move the alternator out of the way in getting a good definitive picture of the complete pad.
A flashlight is a case for dead batteries.

FortLangleyBC

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2019, 12:12:15 AM »
This car is another thread on this site (Topic: 1969 Z28 CrList ad  (Read 522 times)) -

It is an 05A car - I don't think the VIN should be on the engine pad?
1969 Trans Am 400 335 WQ Cameo White

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2019, 12:35:28 AM »
Greetings all,

This DZ block stamping is from a 1969 Z28 that is posted for sale on both the Vancouver, BC Canada and the Seattle, Washington Craigslist. In fact, the ad was just renewed today. The previous ad that is now deleted was a topic of discussion here a few days ago.

I would like some feedback on the authenticity of the stamping pictured below. A few people have stated that its a fake stamp. As I am not an expert on this topic I am looking for reasons why people think that it's fake, (if you think its fake).

Thank you in advance, and thank you to those that have given an opinion in the previous post.
On this site and others your not generally going to receive reasons or answers on why its a restamp or why people think/say it's not real. Do some searches both here and team Camaro looking at original DZ stampings and I bet you will understand. Hopefully you can understand the thought process for not doing what your asking. And agree its a restamp and too many of them around unfortunately!
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2019, 12:47:38 AM »
Because this is the same subject matter as the other post, I've merged them both together. And for future searches, the VIN is 124379N638876.

And yes, Chick's right. We don't like divulging engine pad stamps or trim tag information because it just gives the fakers more ammunition to work with. We suggest if you have a question about a particular car, to post it here with good, crisp pictures and we can help. If you want to satisfy your own curiosity, READ THIS for a good beginning, concentrating on the "Chevrolet Assembly - Engine Dress Line Operations Details" section.

Ed

Robincanada

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2019, 12:58:52 AM »
Thank you bertfam and 68camaroz28, excellent points...I get it. I also agree that it is a re-stamp.

gang-stamp holder....okay got it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 01:34:45 AM by Robincanada »

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2019, 02:30:41 AM »
Thanks Ed. That is what I was after was someone typing the vin so it’s searchable later down the road..  I wasn’t clear in the post.

Thank you Darrell for the quick response. I appreciate the help! Here is the VIN. Anything in your database?

For the record I do not have access to the CRG database nor am I a core member.  I keep my own data for my own personal interests which I have branched out to include all 67-9 solid lifter Camaros if anyone wants to submit their data.   ;D