Author Topic: Font Question 2.0  (Read 2870 times)

Edgemontvillage

• View Profile
Font Question 2.0
« on: December 20, 2018, 04:51:36 PM »
This AC Delco logo that was used in the 1960s and beyond, does anyone know the name of the font they used?

Petes L48

• View Profile
Re: Font Question 2.0
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 10:38:06 PM »
I'm not certain that's a font (think A thru Z) and may be more of a glyph or logo/trademark.  I did see a site where you can supposedly download a file of it, link is below.  The later AC Delco from the 80s or 90s was a font as it incorporated more letters.

https://all-free-download.com/free-vector/ac.html

Edgemontvillage

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 03:43:34 PM »
I'm not certain that's a font (think A thru Z) and may be more of a glyph or logo/trademark.  I did see a site where you can supposedly download a file of it, link is below.  The later AC Delco from the 80s or 90s was a font as it incorporated more letters.

https://all-free-download.com/free-vector/ac.html

Yes, you could be right, I haven't been able to tie it to any known font as yet.

Camarocards

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 02:44:17 PM »
Lloyd,

I've looked through hundreds of font files and have come up empty handed. So the next best thing to do was to simply recreated (see image). If you're interested in the native file or desire it in just about any format just PM me.

Good Luck!

Bob
Bob
'68 SS L35 01D

Edgemontvillage

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 03:31:46 PM »
Lloyd,

I've looked through hundreds of font files and have come up empty handed. So the next best thing to do was to simply recreated (see image). If you're interested in the native file or desire it in just about any format just PM me.

Good Luck!

Bob

Nice work Bob and thanks! PM sent.

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 01:31:58 AM »
I've been in the hand lettering, pinstriping, airbrushing, graphics and auto restoration business for decades. All you need to do is provide an image to a qualified graphics shop. Piece of cake. Fonts help, but not needed to replicate what one desires. Be aware or user rights.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 02:11:29 AM by Sauron327 »

Edgemontvillage

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 08:26:03 PM »
I've been in the hand lettering, pinstriping, airbrushing, graphics and auto restoration business for decades. All you need to do is provide an image to a qualified graphics shop. Piece of cake. Fonts help, but not needed to replicate what one desires. Be aware or user rights.

This is new frontier for me however I'm working with a quality print / graphics shop and Bob (Camarocards) has been an excellent resource. I'm looking forward to having a solid proof later this week.

anything