Author Topic: Roof rail blow out clip angle ???  (Read 1838 times)

DAVEN1256

• View Profile
Roof rail blow out clip angle ???
« on: November 26, 2018, 10:56:48 PM »
After re-riveting my roof rail blow out clips back on to the roof rail channels, I noticed that the angle of the blow out clips in relation to the channel is different on the long and short channels.

On the long channels, the clips are bent back and are touching the side of the channel. On the short channels, the clips are not bent back nearly as far and there is an 1/8 gap between the clips and the sides of the channels...….These are the original clips going back on the original channels. I don't think anything got bent along the way.

The only reason this concerns me is I wouldn't want the window rubbing against the clips on the short channels because the clips are sticking out to far. My side glass isn't installed so I can't check.

It's no big deal for me to remove the clips on the short channels, bend the clips back, and then re-rivet them. Before I do that, I want to find out if it's possible the clips are correct just as they are and there won't be any window rubbing. I don't want to fix something that isn't broken.

Thanks......Dave

ban617

• View Profile
Re: Roof rail blow out clip angle ???
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 11:16:00 PM »
Aren’t those blow out clips rubber coated originally?

DAVEN1256

• View Profile
Re: Roof rail blow out clip angle ???
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 02:17:43 AM »
Yes, they are. These were dipped in Plasti-Dip after being cleaned and painted. The glare of the flash makes it hard to see.

anything