Author Topic: THE MICHIGAN MUSCLE CAR & PARTS COLLECTION – TOM BROWN COLLECTION AUCTION  (Read 6100 times)

jdv69z

• 69 RS Z/28 52E
    • View Profile
I looked over some of the cars this morning and the descriptions are painful to read.  I thought the orange "Z" might be one of the better camaros but it has issues.

Like the x code?
Jimmy V.

68 Ragtop

• View Profile
Someone removed that tag, hand stamped X33 on it and re attached it. All on a tag that is too early for an X code. Believe it or not, that is not the first time I have seen that.

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
That and the converted-to-RS Z/28 tells me the owner had no problem messing with the originality of these cars. One of the 'Z/28s' is automatic. The orange RS is a hodgepodge of junk and incorrect parts. The 'restored' '67 Corvette 427 has a decked block so who knows.

People do stupid things at auctions. Don't be one of them.
Learning more and more about less and less...

VINCE Z28

• View Profile
William whats your opinion on this tag is it original and would the car be worth 4 k ?
" He who knows naught, knows not that he knows naught"  It's not you...  It's just the way my brain is wired.

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
The tag looks OE and never removed from the car. The VIN should be in the range N627xxx-N636xxx and match up with the partial VIN on top of the cowl. VIN tag rivets should be OE, not hardware store pop rivets.

Looks to have been used as a parts car. Assume anything of value [axle, trans, brakes] is gone. May have been crashed [orange SS clip] so there's that. Check it for collision damage and heavy rust in all the usual areas. If all that checks out AND there is a live [not salvage] title it may be worth that. Be sure the title matches the VIN.

Don't buy it thinking you are going to restore it. It might make a nice race car or resto-mod builder.
Learning more and more about less and less...