Author Topic: mouse chewed title #  (Read 1890 times)

• View Profile
mouse chewed title #
« on: July 06, 2018, 10:54:32 PM »
Hello, new to forum, first time posting.I live in IL and bought a 1968 roller with title from guy in MO. The corner with title # was chewed off, but vin and everything else OK. IL DMV wont take it. person that sold it to me was not person on title, no help from him either. Any help/suggestions/advice would be appreciated.   Thanks

67CruiseMaster

• View Profile
Re: mouse chewed title #
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 11:37:12 PM »
Apply for lost title. Takes time but I think this is only way unless you google his name or go to name search website and locate him that way.
67 SS/RS with original Cruise Control
67 Tuxedo Black Convertible.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 01:46:34 PM »
thanks, Illinois rules and regulations seem a bit extreme, at the mercy of waiting on Springfield now

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 11:11:42 PM »
Don't know about your state but a lost title in PA. goes to the last LEGAL owner. If you have not made contact and have an agreement with them you may want to think about this. One day I got a title in the mail for a Corvette I had sold a few years before. It took the guy a while to find me and I made a few extra bucks in the deal.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 03:25:57 AM »
Thanks Maroman, Missouri DMV suggested I take the damaged title to MO state police and they will advise.