Author Topic: Car[s} Back in Garage!  (Read 5870 times)

dannystarr

• View Profile
Car[s} Back in Garage!
« on: April 02, 2018, 05:44:54 AM »
Car BACK in the Garage, Raquel
Thru some unfortunate/fortunate circumstances, some creative financing by myself and my girlfriend, and some good ol’ American Ingenuity…our old ’68 Butternut Yellow Z/28 is back in the garage! I mentioned to Jon, Skip, Chick and the guys at dinner at Gibson’s last November at MCACN, that there was a possibility that this could take place. The buyers had not finished paying us the total amount. I let them slide as they are 35 year friends. SO it actually worked out in our favor as I was able to buy it back. I had a guy from New Zealand that wanted the car BAD for a few more $. But sold it to a friend. Could have been a “FRIEND RUINING” disaster as they STILL owed us 15K! BUT, I flipped it right back around and got the deal done. Between ALL of us…I don’t think his wife wanted to do the deal in the first place. So she is probably happy it’s gone. And my buddy is fine with it all, as he needed an influx of cash. So YAY!!!
http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=14070.0

Also on another bonus note.. We have purchased David Beems 1968 Camaro Z/28 LeMans Blue Survivor.
http://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=144653&highlight=Dave+Beem
http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=15818.0

I seen this car on these Camaro websites and up close at MCACN and was excited to check it out. Flew out to Colorado and spent some time with Dave. Cool Cat with some great cars. Just took delivery today! I am leaving the 50 year old tires on the original rims with the tubes installed at half pressure and putting in storage. Will 4 X 4 block more or less the inside of the wheels so they are barely touching when stacked, if at all. (Advice from Charlie AKA Hubleyman}
 THAT’S why I was looking for aftermarket wheels. Sorry I told a small white lie here in a previous post, BUT I was taught MANY years ago to NEVER tell anyone about a car you are interested in purchasing/or HAVE purchased… until ALL the paperwork is complete, the car is paid for in full, and it’s in YOUR own garage.
 My plans are to work my cleaning/detailing/photo taking/documenting magic on every square inch of this baby! I May have to go in a little deeper like the last time. Just due to Raquel’s plastic cam gear only had THREE teeth left with 54,610 original miles. I installed a double roller Cloyes set-up.  This car has 54,000 and change, so we will see. I’ll get it all tuned, serviced, adjust the Valve Lash, Engine/Trans/Rear/Brake etc. Fluids changed, re-curve dist., timing etc. etc. THEN see how she runs before going any deeper. Her name is Melissa. Will start a new thread of it all.

That’s all the good news for now. Things were bleak there for a while. As I didn’t have a place to live. And by far, still not perfect. But at this time, to say the least, I am a happy camper for sure… Danny

ZLP955

• View Profile
Re: Car[s} Back in Garage!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 06:49:53 AM »
Congratulations Danny! (Did you buy a winning lottery ticket? :D )
Looking forward to pictures of the new stable-mates!
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 07:17:49 AM »
Danny Should I say "Welcome Back"?

You went from 68Z survivor owner to : The guy that says- " I used to own one of those"

And then you doubled down and came back with 2 68 Z survivors!!!

What a story ! I guess it was just meant to be

(BTW- I had a feeling when you were asking about wheels...something was going on, I had a feeling a first gen was part of the story)

Yes please post a few pics of the 68Z brethren  ;D
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

HawkX66

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 12:05:42 PM »
Congrats Danny! Glad to hear it.
Dave
69 SS396 X66 L34 M21 BS
Z23 711 U17 Hugger Orange
Semper Fi!

SMS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 12:11:49 PM »
Two thumbs up

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 12:23:41 PM »
Congrats, Danny.  That's awesome news.
Jon Mello
CRG

x66 714

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 02:09:30 PM »
Pretty cool Danny. Congrats. They'll have to pry my cold dead hands off mine :)
.....Joe
See America's First, Chevrolet

1968 Z/28 Corvette Bronze. Black Hounds Tooth. 02E Los Angeles born 3/13/1968 pnt OO. Purchased March 1976
1969 SS396 Yellow/Yellow 08E Norwood born 8/28/1969 pnt 76E. Purchased April 1981

Vince

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 03:15:15 PM »
Great to hear Danny. 

JKZ27

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 03:27:11 PM »
Glad it all worked out, Danny! Looking forward to pics!  :)
John
69 RS/SS Cortez Silver, L48 MC1
68 RS Ash/Ivy Gold 327EFI M20

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 03:47:59 PM »
Congrats!! Danny, that's a very nice car. Love lemans blue, and glad everything worked out....
Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2018, 06:39:16 PM »
Thanx everyone... I didn't hit the lotto this time. Used some inheritance and my girlfriend got a loan for the rest. No way I could have bought any property here. My friend wanted me to put 200K down on a 600K LOT down the street. WHAT!!??  ::) .. I told him, then you want me to have to come up with $3,500 a month until I am 87?, AND not be able to live there?  :o  No thanx. So did the smart thing and bought a classic car instead.  ;)  That way I am STILL in debt, but for a lot less. It's the American way!!
  I JUST pulled the carb for rebuild and just kinda doin an overview. There is lots to do of course. I will look again, but I don't see ANY P B T stampings anywhere. I have a double AC embossed fuel pump to install and spark plugs. Then just going to start the list front to back... top to bottom. Need another set of ORIGINAL non cloudy T3's. I have decided to not start robbing things off Raquel to install on Melissa. Never rob parts off a complete car for another, right?
 I wonder if I can replace the broken antenna without pulling the fender, bumper, hood etc.? Shouldn't there be a trunk mat? ... Danny

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2018, 07:08:12 PM »
pics???
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2018, 07:35:25 PM »
I wonder if I can replace the broken antenna without pulling the fender, bumper, hood etc.? Shouldn't there be a trunk mat? ... Danny

It can be done.  Between the door and fender and through the engine compartment side up and under.  And if its standard interior then no trunk mat.  Congrats btw.

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2018, 08:26:26 PM »
Great news.

You were wise to keep things quiet until things were solidified on the deal.
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2018, 08:43:21 AM »
I will get some pic's flowing when I get a chance I promise. I need to first ask Kurt where he wants me to start the new thread. Survivor section?. Danny

anything