Author Topic: Ebay purchase  (Read 8030 times)

Kelley W King

• View Profile
Ebay purchase
« on: February 27, 2018, 01:37:29 PM »
I recently bought a fairly expense part on ebay using paypal. The seller seemed very nice but gave pretty good excuses for delaying shipment a couple of times. Well now he has dropped off the earth. No calls answered, no emails answered. The receive date on the listing has passed. What is my best way to go from here? File ebay or paypal or ?
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

hrlyfxdl

• View Profile
Re: Ebay purchase
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 02:46:21 PM »
File a claim with both Ebay and Paypal. I've been there before too, and both Ebay and Paypal stood behind me and refunded me.
1968 Camaro SS 350 8L34677?
07A  E107  TR 712  U-U

5hane

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 02:46:37 PM »
Start with ebay's RESOLUTION CENTER and go from there.

Ed

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 04:15:11 PM »
Agreed, start with ebay. They will connect to Paypal for you.
Kurt S
CRG

Kelley W King

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 06:01:39 PM »
Thanks guys, I will start there. 1st time doing that for me. It is a shame because I kind of wanted the parts.
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold

67conv6cyl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 06:13:51 PM »
The seller does not receive any money from PayPal until the part is delivered, so if part does not come by it’s delivery date it should be easy to get your money back......At least that’s my understanding

Petes L48

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 08:03:55 PM »
Was there any tracking provided on the item delivery?  Just wondering if the item could have been stolen from your front door. 

HawkX66

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 08:16:46 PM »
The seller does not receive any money from PayPal until the part is delivered, so if part does not come by it’s delivery date it should be easy to get your money back......At least that’s my understanding
I don't believe that's the case. If I have an expensive part, sometimes I will withdraw the money from Paypal to my account before sending it.
Dave
69 SS396 X66 L34 M21 BS
Z23 711 U17 Hugger Orange
Semper Fi!

little_hoss

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 01:21:05 AM »
Yeah this happened to me once before also. Won a part on ebay, paid immediately via paypal, and that was the end of ever hearing anything from the seller. Like stated above, use the ebay resolution center. They will ask if you have contacted the seller through the ebay message center and if you haven't heard from the seller they will know. Then ebay tries to get in touch with them and it goes from there. I did receive a refund and I'm confident you will too. It really sucked though because like you I would have rather had the part than the hassle. I've been a member of ebay almost from the beginning and getting refunds in circumstances like this is always in the buyer's best interest. Back in the late 90's I had won a set of swing out tailgate doors for my '72 land cruiser, got in touch with the seller to get an address to send a money order to, and after a few days heard from him that he thought he should get more money because they were worth more than they were bid up to. Needless to say I didn't get the doors. Ebay has come along way since then!
Eric
1967 Base
1969 Base 307 3spd matching #'s X44
1968 C-10 Short Fleetside Custom

ZLP955

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 07:41:01 AM »
PayPal payment is immediate, but can be reversed if the buyer files a dispute. Very problematic, eBay invariably sides with the buyer and that's not always where the issue lies......
But agree that your first course of action is the ebay resolution center - there may well be a reasonable explanation for why contact hasn't continued - for example, the seller may have been taken seriously ill. Has the seller marked the item as shipped yet?
Hope there's a good outcome for you, regardless.
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

Kelley W King

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 12:02:15 PM »
The seller never shipped or listed as shipped. He started by saying he was out of town and would ship it when he returned then got stuck out of town. Then apologized and offered a refund but said he could ship it and I said ship it. Then no answers to anything. His phone voicemail says full and no email. Most not on ebay com after the purchase. Thanks for the advise guys.
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 07:11:28 PM »
Just don't wait past 30 days, then ebay can't do anything. (  ask me how I know...)
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

Kelley W King

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 08:31:13 PM »
I have contacted Ebay and they said they will contact the seller. If no resolve they say they will open the dispute after 3 days so I guess I have done what can be done for now. I hope they reach him and get him to ship it.
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold

69 Zee

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2018, 04:03:58 AM »
Your going in the right direction.  Ebay always leans towards the buyer..sadly cause at times the buyers are just as at fault.  Not saying you're at fault Kelley, just noting that ebay seems to always side with the buyer.  So it's in your favor.  Ebay staff can also see your message history between the two of you as well as the item status (shipped and received).   It's easy for them to add it all up at the end.

Good luck and keep us posted of the outcome please. 

Yes ebay has come a long way..some good and lots bad.
Darrell
'69 Camaro Z/28: 03B NOR X77 Dusk Blue, white top, all orig, Under construction
'69 Firebird all original 350 all power w/ac
'70 Plymouth Superbird: One owner, Limelight green, 45K miles, all original U code

Kelley W King

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2018, 02:25:26 PM »
Well guys, Ebay did investigate and refunded my money to my paypal account. It took a few days and now I need to figure out how to get it from my paypal account. Still no response from the seller. I don,t know if it was a scam or if something happened to him. I still would like to have the parts. At least I have the funds if another comes up.
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold

anything