Author Topic: 1966: 1st Camaros Ever Seen in Public? & RS/SS350 Pace Car for Can Am at Mosport  (Read 10257 times)

group/7

• View Profile
I believe this to be at the '66 Can-Am at Mosport, we see four Camaros in this image, It was posted backwards, I've flipped the

image.there was already one photo posted here of the driver's meeting earlier.

Mike

(photo:Alamy)

I couldn't get it any smaller  ::)  scroll l-r to see the full image.

SMKZ28

• View Profile
I believe this to be at the '66 Can-Am at Mosport, we see four Camaros in this image, It was posted backwards, I've flipped the

image.there was already one photo posted here of the driver's meeting earlier.

Mike

(photo:Alamy)

I couldn't get it any smaller  ::)  scroll l-r to see the full image.

Great photo Mike!  Thanks for adding it.  Just looking at it quickly I can see Denny Hulme, a young Sam Posey, Phil Hill, Chuck Parsons, John Surtees, Masten Gregory and possibly Dan Gurney in the helmet all standing in front of the Camaro convertibles.  Love it!!

Indecently, I never posted the souvenir program cover in the original thread so here it is.

www.racingsportscars.com
Scott
I don't have a 1st Gen but I have 1971 Z28 RS 4-spd, 1997 Z28 Z4C 6-spd, 2000 SS Convertible, 2010 RS 6-spd

SMKZ28

• View Profile
Another photo of the 1967 Camaro RS/SS 350 pace car in front of the field prior to the restart can be seen at this site: https://www.motorsportimages.com/photos/?event_id=194248&p=5

Scroll down to the bottom and it is the first picture in the second to last row of photos.  Downloading of their images has been disabled.
Scott
I don't have a 1st Gen but I have 1971 Z28 RS 4-spd, 1997 Z28 Z4C 6-spd, 2000 SS Convertible, 2010 RS 6-spd