Author Topic: Inside door handle adjustment....hard to open!  (Read 2453 times)

feastersss

• View Profile
Inside door handle adjustment....hard to open!
« on: October 19, 2017, 10:51:45 AM »
My passenger door opens very easily by using the outside handle, but trying to open from inside requires pulling the handle as far as possible, then putting some body weight to assist it....is their any adjustment that needs to be made with the rod on the inside of the door!
'68 RS/SS BB L35 Convertible..., Born w/drive train, R1 paint,  red interior, 725 Deluxe interior, white power top
8N325767....Looking for POP

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Re: Inside door handle adjustment....hard to open!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 02:49:23 PM »
Well there isn't really any adjustment. Both out side and inside handles are performing the same task, and moving a lever, or pushing one to operate the mechanism. If you pop off the door panel, *possibly * your rod is in a bind or installed improperly, creating a situation where it takes more force to open the door.
I would start there.
The only other thought is the door may be slightly out of alignment and dragging, so from the inside your leverage is upon opening the door is a little different vs. the outside where the handle is located and you are standing it may seem easier?

Good luck, let us know what solves the problem. :)
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

feastersss

• View Profile
Re: Inside door handle adjustment....hard to open!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 09:03:50 PM »
Thanks, I was also informed today as well that the rod could be bent some, so, I'll start there and let you know what I find....Thanks again!
'68 RS/SS BB L35 Convertible..., Born w/drive train, R1 paint,  red interior, 725 Deluxe interior, white power top
8N325767....Looking for POP