Author Topic: anyone have pictures of an original (not repop) 1969 big block p/s pump 7806370  (Read 9357 times)

z10zippy

• View Profile
I'm on a mission to restore my 1969 Z10 back to original specs so i pulled the engine had it rebuilt i have everything restored from carburetor to water pump all # matching but i cant find what is truly a 1969 BB P/S PUMP with correct reservoir seems everyone with the line coming out the bottom of the reservoir says its a Camaro /Chevelle BB P/S PUMP '
I've read threads saying in JM camaro fact book shows pictures  but i have the 3rd edition and it has no pictures so i emailed JM and he said he has no pictures of a 1969 Camaro BB power steering pump.
so please if anyone has pictures of an original not some reman or repop please let me know .Thank you

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Several years ago the stars aligned and I was helping two buds with BB power steering cars. The pics are from one of the few Yenkos built with ps.
Learning more and more about less and less...

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
another
Learning more and more about less and less...

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
I saw some good comparison pics recently. Here or on SYC?
Kurt S
CRG

262jp

• View Profile
I think on the Camaro pump the return hose pipe is indexed slightly away from the block. Big cars it is turned toward the block. I have a couple if you need more pics.

z10zippy

• View Profile
yes please any pics especially if they are out of the car..problem is everyone that has a p/s pump that has the line out the bottom no matter what the angle of the line on the bottom of the reservoir says its a 1969 camaro bb 1 year only p/s pump .
I dont mind spending the money just want the right/OEM p/s pump both of these were on ebay as 1969 BB 1 YEAR ONLY P/S PUMPS
Thanks Kevin

z10zippy

• View Profile
This on ebay also but line angles different
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 06:22:38 PM by KurtS »

z10zippy

• View Profile
heres another one being sold on ebay as a 1969 Camaro bb ps pump..so you can see my confusion
any help would be appreciated.

x66 714

• View Profile
Mine is like reply #6. I can't take pictures as the a/c compressor is in the way. Took a couple from the bottom. Sorry, it's greasy. It would need to go towards the block because there's a clip that mounts to the inside of the engine pedestal for the hoses. Also if it didn't angle towards the block, the return hose would hit the exhaust manifold...Joe
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 12:28:44 AM by x66 714 »
See America's First, Chevrolet

1968 Z/28 Corvette Bronze. Black Hounds Tooth. 02E Los Angeles born 3/13/1968 pnt OO. Purchased March 1976
1969 SS396 Yellow/Yellow 08E Norwood born 8/28/1969 pnt 76E. Purchased April 1981

z10zippy

• View Profile
Camaro central has this one
 https://www.camarocentral.com/1969_Camaro_Power_Steering_Pump_Big_Block_Origin_p/pow-21.htm
so far i'm guessing its correct????
 they say its original restored NOT a repop.

262jp

• View Profile
Pics don't match up.

262jp

• View Profile
I think on the Camaro pump the return hose pipe is indexed slightly away from the block. Big cars it is turned toward the block. I have a couple if you need more pics.
.  Well my chemo brain told me just the opposite of what is correct. The return pipe is indexed toward the block. I dug out the original pump and brackets from my 69 L-78 but don't know how to post pics. I can email to whoever wants to put them on here.

VINCE Z28

• View Profile
Here is one of my 69 L-78 line only.
" He who knows naught, knows not that he knows naught"  It's not you...  It's just the way my brain is wired.

262jp

• View Profile
If someone knows how to put a pic on here I have a real good pic of a correct pump with all three brackets I can Email. I sent to a member he couldn't get on here. Said it sent it to Kurt because it was too big.

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13