Author Topic: Norwood stickers  (Read 7767 times)

cbaker6207

• View Profile
Norwood stickers
« on: September 04, 2017, 07:52:10 PM »
 I am in the process of restoring my 69 ss camaro and when I removed the door panels and rear seat panels I came across the attached stickers which apparently came from the Norwood plant (which is good sine my VIN has an N). Can someone point me to a list of some sort that compiles the various stickers and markings that the plant used for 69? Thanks.

ZLP955

• View Profile
Re: Norwood stickers
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 12:32:52 AM »
Looks like a door glass warranty adjustment sticker: http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=3527
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

Z28Project

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 02:19:42 AM »
I don't know of a list but another good marking to look for on Norwood cars is the X code in crayon on the sheet metal behind the rear seatback on the passenger side. I believe it should be there unless your car was built prior to using X-codes.  Pre-12B

John

69 Z/28 NOR 12B X33 H.O. 'Ex-Racer'

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 12:39:05 PM »
I don't know of a list but another good marking to look for on Norwood cars is the X code in crayon on the sheet metal behind the rear seatback on the passenger side. I believe it should be there unless your car was built prior to using X-codes.  Pre-12B

Crayon "X" code marks were used on pre 12B cars, as well as post 12B. That is one possible way to ID a pre X code (on tag) car. So, saying a car built prior to using X codes (on tag) would not have a crayon marking of X code behind rear seat is mis information.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

Z28Project

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 12:48:03 PM »
Good to know.  I learn something on here everyday! 8)
John

69 Z/28 NOR 12B X33 H.O. 'Ex-Racer'

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 11:00:10 PM »
Looks like a door glass warranty adjustment sticker: http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=3527

Another example from my passenger side door - 69RS; 01C Norwood build
Richard Thomas
1969 RS

cbaker6207

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 12:11:21 AM »
Thanks. I was hoping to locate where various markings etc go when they came off the assembly line for example I know there are stickers on the disc brake shield. I am trying to restore as original as possible.

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 02:29:47 PM »
Thanks. I was hoping to locate where various markings etc go when they came off the assembly line for example I know there are stickers on the disc brake shield. I am trying to restore as original as possible.

The best way to do that is to search and research build threads.  There are people here and on TC that have already gone through this process and detailed many of the items you are asking about.
68Z28

KJProX

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 01:15:43 AM »
Well that answers my question, I was about to start a thread asking this, just found them on my car.

Related question, I want to keep as much as I can original. So in the process of doing some body work and don't want anything to happen to the stickers. Whats the best way to protect and preserve them? 

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 01:32:42 PM »
Well that answers my question, I was about to start a thread asking this, just found them on my car.

Related question, I want to keep as much as I can original. So in the process of doing some body work and don't want anything to happen to the stickers. Whats the best way to protect and preserve them? 
Best way to preserve details is to not take it to a body shop. Most shops take no care or interest in doing things “right”. If you like overspray on parts that should not have it, parts lost, work not done as asked, take it to a body shop. Otherwise, find a restoration shop that knows 1st gen Camaros.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 11:13:45 PM »

Best way to preserve details is to not take it to a body shop. Most shops take no care or interest in doing things “right”. If you like overspray on parts that should not have it, parts lost, work not done as asked, take it to a body shop. Otherwise, find a restoration shop that knows 1st gen Camaros.
Well put sir.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

KJProX

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 12:33:22 AM »
Yes correct, that is why I'm trying to do as much as I can myself. But the quarter panels are beyond my skill level so will be farmed out, the shop is right next door to where I work so I can keep a eye on the car.

L78 steve

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 03:22:07 PM »
Just because they are next door doesn't mean it will be done as the factory did it. You have to decide if you want it done right or just installed.
The most skill and patiance is in removing the old quarters without cutting into other parts such as the brace supports.
Body shops are all about just getting it done and move on.
69 Z/28 Dover White. SOLD
67 SS/RS Mt. Green 1W,2LGSR,3SL,4K,5BY,07C. SOLD
70 Nova L78 Blk. Cherry,Sandalwood,M21,02B

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 02:04:27 PM »
Yes correct, that is why I'm trying to do as much as I can myself. But the quarter panels are beyond my skill level so will be farmed out, the shop is right next door to where I work so I can keep a eye on the car.
Just because they are next door doesn't mean it will be done as the factory did it. You have to decide if you want it done right or just installed.
The most skill and patiance is in removing the old quarters without cutting into other parts such as the brace supports.
The last four jobs I took in were butchered by other shops, two of which were self proclaimed restoration shops. It is costly to repair a shop's hackwork. The convenience of a shop being next door should be last on the list of qualifications.

KJProX

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 07:24:53 PM »
The last four jobs I took in were butchered by other shops, two of which were self proclaimed restoration shops. It is costly to repair a shop's hackwork. The convenience of a shop being next door should be last on the list of qualifications.

Thanks for the reply's and I did not mean to derail the OP's thread about the paper stickers.

I'm fully aware of what has been said and appreciate the concern, at this point I feel comfortable with the choice I've made. I'll be having one more  talk with the tech on taking things apart and how he plans to do it before I'll leave the car with them. In the end if it is not done correctly and a "Hack" job it's all on me and my fault for choosing them. I know how and what needs to be done but do not have the experience nor the correct equipment to do this work myself

But hey we all learned about those paper stickers, very interesting.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 08:12:32 PM by KJProX »

anything