Author Topic: Air conditioner restoration  (Read 4272 times)

nlpirr

• View Profile
Air conditioner restoration
« on: January 30, 2007, 09:18:23 PM »
All,

My '69 camaro has original air but is in need of a rebuild. I was hoping on getting this thing (air) running by this summer (Texas). I was debating on a total new kit or piece by piece replacment?

I see several reproduction kits and several aftermarket upgrades out there which only confuse matters.

I wanted to keep the cost around $1000.

From what I can tell, the condenser is in good shape, the compressor is long gone, the evaporator core and poa valve is shot but the case is in very good condition. I have a small block and the heater works great if that means anything?

I was really hoping to get each part by part and rebuild it but I dowt want to spend the money only to realize the air quailty sucks or Im missing more key components that would jack up the overall cost of the project?

any help and or links to some good info will be much apprecialted. Texas summers come real fast !

nick P.

mrdetails

• View Profile
Re: Air conditioner restoration
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 09:16:30 PM »
Talk to Classic Auto Air Mfg. Co in Tampa FL. 813-251-2356 (I dont know if your supose to post phone no's. here)They made a hose for an elcamino I did years ago. I got a rebuilt compressor and the valve  from an auto parts store. You may have to change refrigerents, but I beleive you can get a kit from the auto parts store also.
Good luck
Sam

nlpirr

• View Profile
Re: Air conditioner restoration
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 06:28:29 PM »
thanks for help.

anything