Author Topic: 67 temp gauge  (Read 2717 times)

mike willett

• View Profile
67 temp gauge
« on: May 31, 2017, 02:28:13 AM »
my temp gauge quit working last year.  i have gauges on the console. i have power at the back of the gauge.  the gauge goes to full bank if i  ground it at the back of the gauge- but does not move if i ground the wire on the sensor. seems like i need to check for continuity on that wire next- i suspect it is broken somewhere.  am i missing anything?
1967 rs camaro

Mike S

• View Profile
Re: 67 temp gauge
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 12:47:16 PM »
Looking at the schematic in the 67 AIM in UPC12, that wire is designated 20DG for 20 gauge wire that is Dark Green. It runs from the temp. sensor, through the bulkhead panel and to the second pin from the edge of the connector that plugs into the gauge cluster. All along that path the wire remains DG.  The schematic also shows a 20DG going to the ignition switch. If you have power at the gauge (should be DG) then I suspect a break along the path to the sensor.
  I would measure for voltage on the bulk head connector wire (also DG) and see if it at least makes it there. If not then you know which area to start troubleshooting.
  If you don't have a copy of the schematic let me know and I can make a copy and send it to you in PDF.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

mike willett

• View Profile
Re: 67 temp gauge
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 02:30:18 AM »
turns out the connection was poor at the connector at the front of the console.  Did have a small oil leak from the oil gauge that leaked directly on the connector. not sure that is what caused the problem, but cleaned up connector and spades and now it works!
1967 rs camaro

anything