Author Topic: How to find your old car  (Read 4962 times)

Black Bart

• View Profile
How to find your old car
« on: January 24, 2007, 01:31:56 AM »
I sold my 69 Z-28 after owning it for it's first 6 years.  Last I knew, it was in New York State.  I have the original bill of sale with all options listed and their prices, along with the serial number.  I ordered the car in California and took delivery in December of '68.  Would like to see the car if it still exists.  I also have the original wheels and a few other original parts like shocks that were removed upon delivery for better than OEM.  I might even have the original Hurst shifter from the car.  It was swapped out for the real Hurst shifter upon delivery.  Not sure what is all in the empty crate from an original 327 365-375 hp half block assembly from 1964.  Still has the tag on the end of the crate.  That was a heck of a motor in the Black 62 2dr Biscayne.
     If anybody knows how to locate cars by serial number, I sure could use your help.
Black Bart

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: How to find your old car
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 01:52:07 PM »
If you have the vin number on the invoice, you have a good shot at finding the car if it's still around.  A friend who is a police officer would be the best help.  Someone like this could run the vin in many states to see if the vin is still active.  If it is, then you can contact the current owner and see if he'd like to sell the car back to the original owner.  This is how I tracked down the Dave Strickler Old Reliable Z28.  Good luck,

Jerry

Ron C.

• View Profile
Re: How to find your old car
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 01:41:08 AM »
Yes the vin number is the ticket! thats how I found and got back my 67 after 22 yrs. try a title search in the state you know it was last in and go from there or like Jerry said have someone run the vin like a police officer.Good luck!
67Z/28,67RSZ/28,71SS454CHEVELLE.