Author Topic: 1970 Camaro Canadian Delivered Owners Manual  (Read 3026 times)

Diamond_Don

• View Profile
1970 Camaro Canadian Delivered Owners Manual
« on: February 02, 2017, 04:59:16 AM »
I know that the 1969 Camaro Owners Manual was different for the Canadian delivered cars as compared to US cars, but, I have been unable to find any information if the Canadian version of Camaro Owners Manual in 1970 was also different.

Perhaps someone on this site has seen a manual like this one (dated January 1970 - LITHO IN CANADA)?

Why can't I seem to find this manual accompanying or as part of highly documented Canadian delivered 1970 Camaros? Perhaps a short lived version that was quickly replaced or??

This manual is a bit of a mystery to me.

Daytona Z

• View Profile
Re: 1970 Camaro Canadian Delivered Owners Manual
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 05:45:04 AM »
How about the french version. I think this is from the back side of the Canadian booklet.

Just an obsessive-compulsive first gen car guy...

did I mention I like three pedals in a car?

Daytona Z

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 05:56:29 AM »
Nope...that one is all french for the Quebec sold cars and has a blank rear cover. I sold my 70 Camaro last September but know the manual in the glove box was the same as the others you posted above. It's different than the US version and has that wood grain like cover..
Just an obsessive-compulsive first gen car guy...

did I mention I like three pedals in a car?

Diamond_Don

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 12:34:06 AM »
Thanks GreenNV, you are the very first person that has let me know that you actually owned a manual like this one.

What got me to thinking about this is a well documented Canadian delivered Z/28 currently for sale, which appears to have a load of authentic looking papers. But, look at what is shown as the original owners manual!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Chevrolet-Camaro-/401268843445?forcerrptr=true&hash=item5d6d7ca3b5:g:tOYAAOSw-0xYkTpa&item=401268843445

Maybe there was a manual printing switch over for the 1970 Camaro sometime during the model year? If so, when? Would be interesting to know what the real story is...

anything