Author Topic: rare camaro?  (Read 7705 times)

Mikesfatratnest

• View Profile
rare camaro?
« on: December 24, 2016, 12:28:36 AM »
Hello fellow car lovers can you help me find out if I'v got a rare Camaro here?? I cant even find a pic of my car....on the net here is the info I have
                                                                       BODY BY FISHER
                                                                07E
                                                         ST   68-12437    NOR183092                        BODY
                                                         TR   712                     J6                                PAINT
                                                           GENRAL MOTORS CORPORATION ............................................

124378N481736
CAN ANYONE HELP?  :-\ :-\ :-\

x77-69z28

• View Profile
Re: rare camaro?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 01:31:40 AM »
68's are difficult to decode. The trim tag doesn't tell you anything other than color, interior, production date, and plant. All you can get is V-8 built in Norwood Ohio. Built 5th week of July.
69 Z/28 X77 burnished brown, 711 int 05A bought in 78
70 Z28 forrest green, green int, M40, bk vinyl roof PROJECT
99 SS hugger orange 6spd NO TTOPS bought new 1 of 54
15 z/28 Arctic white, A/C 505 HP #251

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 01:41:34 AM »
Is there any other info you can provide engine/trans/rear or options that you know of, to provide why it might be rare?
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 01:44:13 AM »
I don't know if your car has the RS and/or SS options, but here is a photo of a car with the same exterior color code as yours...

Paul

Charley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 02:54:24 AM »
I miss that car.

Mikesfatratnest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 01:50:48 PM »
Happy holidays guys
thanks for your info
Love the pic cant find one on the net so thanks for that!!
my paint codes seem pretty rare to me not a lot of cars that color even less with a white Hard top this is y I was thinking it was rare?
other ops
The car has the speed minder option column shift 400 trans and a ten bolt cover on the diff also has a rear trunk lid spoiler and cowl induction hood seat belt shoulder opt  currently has a 1970 350 engine    I cant seem to figure out what the original engine was???
I believe the trans and rear end are original but not 100%   
no factory air but does have the aluminium steering wheel has SS badge on gas tank cap and grill no badges on any fenders "missing" :(
I gave $8000.00 for the car it is Not the original color rite now and Is in need of restoration interior is a bit rough and the car needs the usual resto items did I pay too much????
I am un sure of the direction to go I would like the org paint colors and interior  tho....is this car worth the effort to bring back to factory??
Have I goten in over my head  :o :o    what do you guys think I will try to get a pic on here ya thanks for all of your inputs and opinions
resto items floors rockers ect ect ...... 

Mikesfatratnest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 01:56:24 PM »
And any other tips tricks or things I should look for to help with finding out what she really is would also help me in my decision
So help me find the path guys 8) thanks!!

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2016, 03:15:20 PM »
It can't be original trans and rear - TH400 was big block only and then you'd get a 12-bolt, not a 10-bolt.

The stamped # from the trans and axle will tell if either is original. http://www.camaros.org/drivetrain.shtml#axle
Kurt S
CRG

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2016, 03:21:51 PM »
IMO, whether the car is worth the $8K you paid for it is almost totally dependent on the condition of the metal; ie... if not rusted, dented, etc and is complete, then I'd think just a good body is worth 8K...  but you should be aware, that you'll have to spend a lot more to get it to where you want it... maybe put it in good 'driver' form for not a huge amount, but Paint/bodywork is VERY expensive these days...
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2016, 03:22:18 PM »
I don't know if your car has the RS and/or SS options, but here is a photo of a car with the same exterior color code as yours...

Paul

Yeah that's a pretty car.

Mikesfatratnest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2016, 05:51:48 PM »
Here she is let me know what you think

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2016, 06:20:02 PM »
IMO, whether the car is worth the $8K you paid for it is almost totally dependent on the condition of the metal; ie... if not rusted, dented, etc and is complete, then I'd think just a good body is worth 8K...  but you should be aware, that you'll have to spend a lot more to get it to where you want it... maybe put it in good 'driver' form for not a huge amount, but Paint/bodywork is VERY expensive these days...

X2. I agree with Gary if the body is good, there is your $8k value right there.
As to your question on how to restore, it depends on what motivates you. Are restoring it to sell? to hold value? to have something unique (resto mod)?
-If you purchased it to make money, just clean it up, and get it running good, and then flip it. Spend no more than a grand. With a good body it should be easy.
-If you purchased it because you like the car and you going to keep it. Restore it how it is going to make you happy

Lastly, the color combination is not seen often, and would look awesome, even without the stock drivetrain, (which gives you many options with motor). It could still appear stock with the color combo and have wicked motor dressed to factory appearance. best of both worlds. Remember you can always have a back up set of wheels/tires, and that will totally change the look of the car.

enjoy it! ;)
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

Mikesfatratnest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2016, 03:47:34 AM »
Hey thanks for help and advice
im defiantly keeping not a resto mod guy id like to put a nice 396 in it so i guess thats the plan  i do love the paint and i have to say not to many out there like this one i will keep posting my progress

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2016, 10:52:16 AM »
There appears to be a 327 emblem on the front of the drivers side fender - in that picture you posted.
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

Mikesfatratnest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2016, 11:15:54 PM »
Yes there is a 327  fender badge in the pic i put them on the fenders my neighbor has has a yellow camaro 1967 tho his has been restored these badges
came from the car he owns his car has also been restored they are the old badges off his fenders he was kind enough to give them to me
I think it looks better with something better than nothing ??

anything