Author Topic: MO block available  (Read 4158 times)

CNorton

• View Profile
MO block available
« on: January 13, 2007, 01:11:09 AM »
Within the past few days the following post appeared on a drag racing forum.  The forum is frequented by a group of occasionally rowdy but essentially serious Stock Eliminator racers so I believe that it is probably valid.  I have no personal knowledge of the identity of the poster or the information but I thought it might be possible that someone here would be interested.  Rather see it picked up and put to use by a Camaro person than thrown up for grabs on Ebay.

Hope the information is useful to someone.

Good luck.

c

"Just found out my 69 vette has a 68 camaro 302 rather than the 350/350 motor. Would this motor be of interest to anyone?

I was told it ran like a raped ape before the vette was parked in a garage in 77. So after 29 years the owner needed to sell his house and the car needed to go. He said it was wrecked twice, once when he owned it, and once before. He is not at all mechancially inclined so he has no idea when or how that engine was installed.

So.... I have no idea of the mileage, but it had to be put in the vette before 75, and the vette is showing 57k. But no idea how many miles the camaro had on it, where it is now or anything.

VO312MO and 18N403*** are the numbers.

Anyone know how to see if the camaro is on the road? or crushed?

Chuckphillips@juno.com

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: MO block available
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 03:33:47 AM »
Chuck,

He called me while I was away on a Camaro inspection trip this week.  I'll try to call him tomorrow and get details.

Jerry

CNorton

• View Profile
Re: MO block available
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 04:12:22 AM »
Jerry,

That's good news.  It just didn't seem right to have it get away without someone taking a look at it.

c