Author Topic: Sheet Metal Stamping info & ??'s  (Read 8443 times)

ZLP955

• View Profile
Re: Sheet Metal Stamping info & ??'s
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 09:40:59 PM »
I may be missing something, but an 02D car was final-assembled around the end of February 1968, not sure where the 'late 1967 calendar year' fits in, unless you're referring to drivetrain component casting or assembly dates (as opposed to car build date)?
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2016, 12:09:49 AM »
Yes I was!

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2016, 12:32:37 AM »
Maybe somewhat wrongly - but YES I am considering that the car was sort of 'born' (as in the phrase "born with" that everyone prefers when it comes to originality or original components) in late December 1967 as I mentioned earlier,  since most of the mechanical stuff was cast and/or date stamped - except for the '266 distributor, it being a July '67 batch 'leftover'..
Others may disagree that it was 'born' on the date the tag designates (02D) or 'born' when it was actually shipped (in this case Feb 28th if I recall the GM documents correctly) but think it was either Jerry or Kurt that phrased it "an early build car" due to the mechanical stuff originating before the turn of the '68 year.. ie: before '68 Z 2/8 production really started in earnest!
Not really important at all though, I got my questions re: the sheet metal date/plant thing, answered earlier and for that I am appreciative..
Thanks - Randy