Author Topic: Cowl Plenum Ducted Air Cleaner Assy.  (Read 5696 times)

camaroman1969

• View Profile
Cowl Plenum Ducted Air Cleaner Assy.
« on: November 24, 2016, 12:55:00 AM »
Hello Everyone!  I have a question.  I came across a company who makes re-production Cowl Plenum air cleaners.  Company name is: Pure Plenum Performance in southern California.  Is there any one here that has purchased one of these??  Do They still exist?  I would like to purchase one of these, because they look very cool.  Anyone who has any info on this company, please give me a shout.  Thanks!
Don

• View Profile
Re: Cowl Plenum Ducted Air Cleaner Assy.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 12:44:59 PM »
No but it like looks pretty cool!.......let us know how it turns out

Daytona Z

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 01:12:29 PM »
A friend of mine just had one made for his Impala and the workmanship is first rate. Not sure where he got it from but will ask and let you know as he was raving about these guys?

Just an obsessive-compulsive first gen car guy...

did I mention I like three pedals in a car?

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 07:35:53 PM »
Hello Everyone!  I have a question.  I came across a company who makes re-production Cowl Plenum air cleaners.  Company name is: Pure Plenum Performance in southern California.  Is there any one here that has purchased one of these??  Do They still exist?  I would like to purchase one of these, because they look very cool.  Anyone who has any info on this company, please give me a shout.  Thanks!
Don
Don, not sure due to never seeing one from that company. There was a company making a decent duct repro but not sure if that is the company. Do a search here as there have been many pics posted of originals so you could do some review yourself. I also have pics of mine in my build thread.
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

rare396bronze

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 09:37:05 PM »
Check out team chevelle web sight. They seem to very slow shipping product. But seems to be good product. Also check on company called NKR more expensive but seem to be a real good product! Bought a fiberglass version from a company called T/A Performance years ago years ago was cheaper but nice product.

Daytona Z

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 09:40:53 PM »
Don,

I sent you a PM regarding the guy that made the one pictured above. That one's for the 409 cars but apparently he makes different types, and yes...he's very busy at these so hope the lead helps you out.
Just an obsessive-compulsive first gen car guy...

did I mention I like three pedals in a car?

camaroman1969

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 08:34:57 PM »
Check out team chevelle web sight. They seem to very slow shipping product. But seems to be good product. Also check on company called NKR more expensive but seem to be a real good product! Bought a fiberglass version from a company called T/A Performance years ago years ago was cheaper but nice product.
Don,

I sent you a PM regarding the guy that made the one pictured above. That one's for the 409 cars but apparently he makes different types, and yes...he's very busy at these so hope the lead helps you out.
Thank You for the info.  Having a hard time contacting them from what info is out there.  Any additional info on these "cowl plenum" air cleaners, would be helpful.    Don

camaroman1969

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 08:38:57 PM »
Don
Don, not sure due to never seeing one from that company. There was a company making a decent duct repro but not sure if that is the company. Do a search here as there have been many pics posted of originals so you could do some review yourself. I also have pics of mine in my build thread.
Thanks for your input.   Don

rare396bronze

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 04:38:03 AM »
T/A Performance 916-765-9232 email address brettdz@surewest.net. Hope this helps.

camaroman1969

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 09:24:48 PM »
Thank you much!!!  This should get me connected with someone.  Merry X-mas to you!!!   Don

anything