Author Topic: Where to get non style trim tail lights for 69 Camaro  (Read 4046 times)

hgger69

• Hugger orange rules!
    • View Profile
    • Håkans Motorsida
Where to get non style trim tail lights for 69 Camaro
« on: October 29, 2016, 03:39:19 PM »
Hi there,
As i mention above, does anybody know where to get new correct tail lights for a non style trim 1969?
I've serched the net and just found used ones on eBay from time to time..... :'(
Regards,
Hakan from Sweden
1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 427 ZL-1 tribute, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built
www.hakansmotorsida.com

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Where to get non style trim tail lights for 69 Camaro
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 04:55:10 PM »
That's probably what there is. You can try to remove the vertical trim on style trim lens but it usually chips the plastic.

We had an NOS pair for our COPO project of years ago and I haven't seen another since. I believe they were discontinued/superseded in the early '70s.
Learning more and more about less and less...

hgger69

• Hugger orange rules!
    • View Profile
    • Håkans Motorsida
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 10:21:39 PM »
That's probably what there is. You can try to remove the vertical trim on style trim lens but it usually chips the plastic.

We had an NOS pair for our COPO project of years ago and I haven't seen another since. I believe they were discontinued/superseded in the early '70s.
That's a pity....they should do the opposite...produce the lens without the trim and then you can ad it by yourself when needed!  ::)
Regards,
Hakan from Sweden
1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 427 ZL-1 tribute, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built
www.hakansmotorsida.com

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 10:51:06 PM »
Ah, so thats why everyone runs the trim.....because thats all you can get new!

That means I have the "super rare" non trim tag lights....hahaha

1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

lynnbilodeau

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 12:36:59 AM »
I am guessing William is talking about the repops when he says it usually chips the plastic when removing the strips.
I have removed the stainless strips from several original GM lenses, and never had an issue on those.

hgger69

• Hugger orange rules!
    • View Profile
    • Håkans Motorsida
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 08:03:36 AM »
I am guessing William is talking about the repops when he says it usually chips the plastic when removing the strips.
I have removed the stainless strips from several original GM lenses, and never had an issue on those.
OK, that sounds interesting, Lynn!  :)
I'm not sure what kind of lenses I have on the car right now...they do look old but I'm not sure!?
Exactly how were they mounted, snapped on or glued?

I've been in contact with NPD and CI regarding this problem and how easy it would be to offer a correct repro standard lens for the 69 Camaro just NOT adding the vertical trim moldings during the process, I mean how hard could it be?
Just got the answer from NPD and they couldn't do anything to help...not surprised there!  ::) ...but he gave me the suppliers name so I redirected the same quest to them so now its just a matter of time before we all know!  ;D  :o
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 08:34:11 AM by hgger69 »
Regards,
Hakan from Sweden
www.hakansmotorsida.com