Author Topic: Auto Writers  (Read 2613 times)

Kelley W King

• View Profile
Auto Writers
« on: August 15, 2016, 03:54:21 PM »
Just saw an article on MSN said provided by one of the big magazines. Talks about most popular Camaros being the first gen 66 to 69 several times. Read several other published articles this weekend where options, engines, year models were incorrect. I know the today journalists are young guys writing about things before their day but it seems some publications could hire an (old) guy to proof read articles before they hit the newsstands. In the past few years it has seemed more common place.
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

Hans L

• View Profile
Re: Auto Writers
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 06:44:00 PM »
Here's the article in Motor Trend:   http://www.motortrend.com/news/chevrolet-camaro-designer-favorites/

First Gen seem to be the top preference followed by early second gens.
https://www.instagram.com/69camarorsz28/
'69 Camaro RS Z/28 Van Nuys Built
'69 Chevelle SS 396 4 Speed

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 08:57:05 PM »
Just saw an article on MSN said provided by one of the big magazines. Talks about most popular Camaros being the first gen 66 to 69 several times. Read several other published articles this weekend where options, engines, year models were incorrect. I know the today journalists are young guys writing about things before their day but it seems some publications could hire an (old) guy to proof read articles before they hit the newsstands. In the past few years it has seemed more common place.
Actually the words weren't from 'young writers', but instead were from automotive designers from several manufacturers.. The only reference to '66' was from Kemal Curić (who grew up in Germany, and began with Ford Europe in 2004), who actually said  “I personally like the first-generation Camaro build from 1966-1969,”  which isn't technically incorrect since '67 Camaro builds began in late '66.   He also says “It’s got a great stance and down the road presence with his fearless face. It also feels light and agile with a right amount of muscle. The 1966-’69 Camaro’s body side has great proportions. The lower body side treatment is showcasing the wheels and is just on point for an American muscle car from that period.”

All in all, the viewpoints expressed in that article re early Camaros were all extremely positive (an accurate).. :)
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 09:07:10 PM »
The devil in writing is always in the details and the semantics, and knowing your audience and their expected baseline knowledge of the subject mater you are writing about. But like so much in the world these days not many folks take the time to engage and interact and if it is longer then 120 characters they move on.
1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 10:24:55 PM »
 I would broaden this topic to include insurance companies who cater to classic car owners as well. I called a well known company many here probably use, and their knowledge/information base for parts was based on what their vendors sell for each model and tell them is correct.  ??? :P

I was baffled , and told the guy that is like the tail wagging the dog. I also explained that benefits the vendor, and not the client. I know they insure many different types of cars, but to not have a handful of experts to refer to?

Ironic thing about it is, they actually have the largest amount of original cars that they insure to draw off of, but do not utilize this resource.

They are very top heavy on employees with insurance experience who "like" older cars, but very slim on hiring knowledgable car guys, who could learn the insurance side of things. :-X
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

anything