Author Topic: Front turn signal inoperative  (Read 3031 times)

wmwerner93

• View Profile
Front turn signal inoperative
« on: July 06, 2016, 11:41:17 PM »
I have a 67 Camaro and as I am going through it to get ready for inspection I notice the front passenger turn signal will not work. This is the front amber colored turn/parking light in the front grill next to the headlight. ( I am trying to be specific so anyone trying to help can use the info to narrow in on any possible solutions) When I flip the turn signal arm at the column, the arrow indicator light in the gas gauge does not come on, the front blinker does not come on, but the rear blinker works fine and the signal makes the blinking noise. I have checked the ground to the lamp housing, checked the wires into the bulb housing, and replaced the bulb with a new one and still not working. The driver side, all lights, work as advertised. Any ideas where to look before I start tracing wires? Thanks

mikefam

• View Profile
Re: Front turn signal inoperative
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 05:59:33 PM »
I would begin by checking to see if there is voltage at the bulb socket. With the turn signal on, remove the bulb and connect a test lamp between the center connection in the bulb socket and a good ground, preferably the negative post of the battery. The test lamp should blink.

If it does blink then test the ground and repair. If it does not blink then start chasing the wires from the socket back to the source until you do find 12 volts with the signal on.

Mike.
68 Convertible w/327 275hp donor engine from a 67 Impala and TH350

wmwerner93

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 08:08:23 PM »
Ok, Mike thanks. I'll start that process and see where it goes. I'll repost with results

wmwerner93

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 12:42:00 PM »
It Works! Thanks again Mike. It was a bad ground from the signal bezel to the frame. I also found a broken ground from the passenger headlight once I started going through the wiring.

anything