Author Topic: Carlisle  (Read 3376 times)

ds1

• View Profile
Carlisle
« on: April 22, 2016, 12:06:44 PM »
Went to Carlisle yesterday.   I was glad I attended with my Dad and uncle.   I love spending time with them as they get older and dad is going to have back surgery that will ruin his summer.  The show was well attended by buyers.   But lots of open spaces and just items that belong in antique shops.   They were talking on the PA about filling out a questionare on how they can make the show better.   My thoughts have always been to have car parts.   It has lost its magic and I just do not know if it will ever come back.  I was  sadly disappointed.

HawkX66

• View Profile
Re: Carlisle
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 03:09:53 PM »
That's great you're able to enjoy walking around there with your Dad. I miss being able to do that with mine now that he's immobile. I remember coming home on leave and we'd hit the local swap meet. Good times.
Dave
69 SS396 X66 L34 M21 BS
Z23 711 U17 Hugger Orange
Semper Fi!

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 08:02:50 PM »
They are 20 years late asking that question. I live less then a hour away and with gas, parking, food and entry fee it's $100. Too many baskets and Chinese tool dealers. Even the real car part dealers don't bring parts to sell, just show and tell with displays. I quit going years ago and don't miss it.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

JKZ27

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 08:14:55 PM »
They are 20 years late asking that question. I live less then a hour away and with gas, parking, food and entry fee it's $100. Too many baskets and Chinese tool dealers. Even the real car part dealers don't bring parts to sell, just show and tell with displays. I quit going years ago and don't miss it.
X2! I miss the old days. I kinda thought about going this weekend because I, too, am about an hour away but you guys reassured me I didn't miss anything.
John
69 RS/SS Cortez Silver, L48 MC1
68 RS Ash/Ivy Gold 327EFI M20

Spooky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 08:31:00 PM »
I just got back from there today. We went wed and thurs. I go with my brother (we are both swap meet junkies). I found a bunch of stuff I needed at good prices this time. It is nice to see more car parts than lawn construction equipment that we normally see at our local swaps.

Scott

ds1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 08:32:24 PM »
I am an hour and a half.   Now it is the electric scooters in the way.  I realize some need them but it is out of control.   Long after they announced no moving vehicles, I had a truck come down a row at me.   I just do not bother getting out of the way.   But at least we still have it to go to.   Guess I shouldn't complain.  I do look forward to going.   Parking $10 and $7 admission and get to see some old friends.   

anything