Author Topic: 68 M0 Z28  (Read 6591 times)

ccargo

• View Profile
68 M0 Z28
« on: December 07, 2006, 10:28:08 PM »
I found the nearly complete motor V03I2MO from 18N432137 if its on the registry?
67 O-1 O4A L35 Convertible, Indy Zone IPC

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: 68 M0 Z28
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 10:48:36 PM »
No, it's not in the database.

Can I get a pic of the pad? :) Thanks!
Kurt S
CRG

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 12:31:58 AM »
I would also check with Larry Eakin who runs the 1968 Z28 registry.  I think he's at www.1968z28.com.

Jerry@CHP

ccargo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 01:34:09 AM »
I sent the photos to Kurt. I'll run it by Eakin too. I sure hate to see these good motors w/o homes. Jerry, any chance the market and judging venues will allow some of these motors to realize legitimacy in documented bodies of the same species  ??? The pickings are getting slim and the cost of HP components is prohibitive to restorations of 2nd tier cars. Spending a great deal of $$$ on a 68 L78 with paper docs and a transplanted camaro MQ in addition to a 69 Z11 L34 with paper and a CE block. Sure would love to hear your views on the 2nd tier combinations, CE, non vin equal block transplants, paper documentation, identifiable HP cowl tags, and what elements might offset some of the 30% plus devaluations in comparable 1st tier value? Just what should the hobbyist be looking for in a project these days if we want to continue to bring interesting new examples to the show field? Hmmm might make a good book  ;)

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 02:28:36 AM »
This is something we are working on.  Five years ago, a car was not allowed into the Legend Certification unless it had the oem drive train.  If we do let cars in, they will take a hit on the replacement engine as it wouldn't be fair to people who have cars with an original engine.  This is why the oem cars have a high value.  Camaros that survived the past 38 years or so with the oem drive train deserve to have a higher value. 

There still should be a place for cars with restoration blocks.  I don't think CE's will ever have a place in the concours arena unless there is dealer paperwork.  It's getting hard to find anything today, but the cars are still out there.  I just looked at a Z28 two weeks ago that was in storage for over 30 years sitting in a barn in Gettysburg, PA.

Jerry

ccargo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 04:04:48 AM »
I guess what I'm hoping for is a reasonable evolution of the hobby. Maybe not with the loosening of Legends criteria but a more comprehensive and equitable evaluation of authentication factors i.e. drivetrain, original body confirmation, and factory paper support. Thanks to sites like this and others I have noted an increasingly educated enthusiast who is able to distinguish subtle nuances with any given judged example. I'm encouraged to hear that the door is open to new idiology. 

ccargo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 04:23:35 AM »
On an unrelated subject I'm old enough to remember when the first heart transplants were performed. One of the fears of uneducated John Q public was that the recipient would take on the personality of the donor  :-\ Through blood typing and genetic testing a registry was established to accomodate worthy recipients who longed to see another day and make the world a better place. Twenty years later the heart is considered just another muscle component to the human anatomy and the donor muscle functions remarkable similar to the original  :)