Author Topic: Window Sticker Font  (Read 47234 times)

Adz28

• View Profile
Window Sticker Font
« on: December 05, 2006, 08:00:55 PM »
Does anyone know the name of the typewriter style font that can be used to replicate the dealer & options text on a Window Sticker?

x77-69z28

• View Profile
Re: Window Sticker Font
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 02:34:46 PM »
triple a enterprise will do it for you i had mine done there. it looks awesome. i will look for their address. i believe he website is www.tripleaenterprise.com
69 Z/28 X77 burnished brown, 711 int 05A bought in 78
70 Z28 forrest green, green int, M40, bk vinyl roof PROJECT
99 SS hugger orange 6spd NO TTOPS bought new 1 of 54
15 z/28 Arctic white, A/C 505 HP #251

x77-69z28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 02:42:00 PM »
69 Z/28 X77 burnished brown, 711 int 05A bought in 78
70 Z28 forrest green, green int, M40, bk vinyl roof PROJECT
99 SS hugger orange 6spd NO TTOPS bought new 1 of 54
15 z/28 Arctic white, A/C 505 HP #251

Adz28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 04:37:30 PM »
Thanks for the link. I have seen this site, but I figured if I new the font, then I could do it myself and make changes if corrections are needed. Since the blanks are readily available, I could make a MS Word template.

I am sure I could find the font, but if someone knows it, please let me know...

deejaygee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 05:02:24 PM »
A "Teletype" or "Teleprinter" monospaced font should do the trick.

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 07:33:54 PM »
So, where are you going to find accurate information about the codes, etc. for the window sticker?  And in reverse, information to decode a sticker?
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

Adz28

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 09:22:24 PM »
Why CRG, of course!

Between the RPO code PDF, CRG site, the many reference books I have (including the "Definitive Z/28 Fact Book"), and my resident 69 Camaro expert sdkar, I figure it will be pretty close.

Unfortunately, I do not have a real one from my car to decode (not that it would match perfectly anyway). It would just be for fun, with no other intent.

While I have your ear, I can't say that I understand what the 2 last digits on the window sticker codes represent. For example... 5D80AA. What does the AA stand for? Not just for the spoiler option, but other optioned line items as well. My guess is color if applicable.

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 06:32:02 PM »
The last two characters are the ECL's - Exception Control Letters. They reference the Engineering Parts List Release configuration for that option, depending on other options it's combined with on a given car. Depending on what other options are present, a given option will require different parts in order to combine with them, and the computerized releasing/procurement system used the ECL codings to generate the parts list required for each car. Very complex subject.

For instance, C60 air conditioning required a completely different set of parts depending on whether it went into a car with an L-6, a SB V-8, or a BB V-8; each of those applications had a unique ECL code after "C60" on the window sticker, and if you had the Engineering Parts List (which was never published outside of GM), there was a completely different parts list for each of those ECL's. Each ECL triggered procurement of a different set of parts, and also generated different codes for parts on the Broadcast Copy which told the assemblers which parts went on the car.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Adz28

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 07:12:37 PM »
Oof... Great explanation, but you are right, very complex.

So for purposes of creating a replica window sticker, a 5 in front of the RPO code, along with any ECL from a sample found on a real window sticker should do the trick.

Also, what does the 5 represent?

Thank for the reply.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 10:20:14 PM »
The car line.
Full-size is 1, etc.
Kurt S
CRG

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 03:53:49 PM »
Oof... Great explanation, but you are right, very complex.

So for purposes of creating a replica window sticker, a 5 in front of the RPO code, along with any ECL from a sample found on a real window sticker should do the trick.

An ECL code for a given option taken from another car's real window sticker would only be "correct" if that car had exactly the same combination of options as yours. For car show display purposes, it would be fine - you could probably count the number of people on one hand who know what the correct ECL codes are supposed to be. :)
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Adz28

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 04:27:45 PM »
Thanks guys. Interesting little details are often hidden in what seem to be insignificant or overlooked items.

Great insight as always.

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 04:34:15 PM »

You must be joking.

I have been doing '69 ECL research for years and probably add a few every month.

While there are some specific to certain performance options there are many permutations of others. For example Z22 Rally-Sport Equipment currently has 20. One would think Pace Cars would use the same one; no such luck-there are at least 4. A specific performance option may have different ECLs with different engines.

I would go on but when I yap about ECLs Kurt S' BP goes way up.

Nothing wrong with doing a window sticker "recreation" but be aware that for 1969 Camaro used 2 forms [early-late]; both are different than other Chevrolet lines. Prices changed [Z/28: $458.15/$473.95/$506.60/$522.40], options were added/deleted during the year. Some options were not available with unrelated others. You will never get ECLs correct.

And based on what is brewing in the hobby you better note it as a "repro".

Learning more and more about less and less...

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 01:54:23 AM »
So, is it fair to say there is no definitive source for window sticker decoding?  ???  ???  ???
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 03:23:47 AM »
I think that it is fair to say that there will always be those that have access to information that the rest of us can't access.  Someone, somewhere, must have a pretty good handle on window sticker info, including ECL codes.  Does't mean that the info. is readily available to all of us, but it would be hard to believe that no one knows.

When I have personally run up against this in the past the argument given always followed the thought of "if we make the information available, it becomes easier for those that want to deceive and forge to do so".  A lot of truth in that position, but at the same time it would be nice if anyone in the hobby could access the information he was searching for - either free through sites like CRG or through a paid service if that were appropriate. 

Regardless of the breadth and depth of CRG knowledge on this topic, in my opinion it would be nice to see ECL data collated and posted somewhere on the CRG site, along with other window sticker decoding information.  Outside of POP and Body Build Sheet decoding information, window sticker info has to be a very close 3rd.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 03:48:15 AM by rich69rs »
Richard Thomas
1969 RS

anything