CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2014, 02:35:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
97075 Posts in 11682 Topics by 4578 Members
Latest Member: ronhill
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Camaro disc brake rearend
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Camaro disc brake rearend  (Read 1468 times)
txturbo

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2006, 08:21:50 AM »

Anyone know if second gen. camaro rearends will bolt into a 69? Are they the same width? I have a 69 that has a GM disc brake rearend, single piston calipers. I need to identify it. I pulled the numbers off of the axle tube a couple of years ago and had no luck finding a match. I'm working on this project again after a 2 year break and need to figure this out. I don't have the numbers right now, that half of the car is 130 miles away. Did the early 2nd gen Camaros come with rear disc brakes?
fiveforty

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 08:40:21 AM »

Its a little wider and the spring perches do not line up. I do not ever recall seeing rear discs on the 2nd generation Camaros  but the Firebirds deffinately came with them in the late 70s to 81.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 08:42:58 AM by fiveforty » Logged
txturbo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 08:54:46 AM »

Thanks......It bolts right in, so maybe its just a late 69 single piston caliper rear end. It was in a parts car I bought a few years ago. Before I sold the parts car I yanked it out and swapped it into my project car along with the multi-leaf springs. If I remeber right, it was a 10 bolt.
william
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 07:03:08 PM »

It could be a conversion using late '70s Cadillac Seville rear discs. They were built off a Nova platform and I understand the discs bolt-on.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: