Author Topic: Camaro disc brake rearend  (Read 3802 times)

txturbo

• View Profile
Camaro disc brake rearend
« on: December 03, 2006, 01:21:50 PM »
Anyone know if second gen. camaro rearends will bolt into a 69? Are they the same width? I have a 69 that has a GM disc brake rearend, single piston calipers. I need to identify it. I pulled the numbers off of the axle tube a couple of years ago and had no luck finding a match. I'm working on this project again after a 2 year break and need to figure this out. I don't have the numbers right now, that half of the car is 130 miles away. Did the early 2nd gen Camaros come with rear disc brakes?

fiveforty

• View Profile
Re: Camaro disc brake rearend
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 01:40:21 PM »
Its a little wider and the spring perches do not line up. I do not ever recall seeing rear discs on the 2nd generation Camaros  but the Firebirds deffinately came with them in the late 70s to 81.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 01:42:58 PM by fiveforty »

txturbo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 01:54:46 PM »
Thanks......It bolts right in, so maybe its just a late 69 single piston caliper rear end. It was in a parts car I bought a few years ago. Before I sold the parts car I yanked it out and swapped it into my project car along with the multi-leaf springs. If I remeber right, it was a 10 bolt.

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 12:03:08 AM »
It could be a conversion using late '70s Cadillac Seville rear discs. They were built off a Nova platform and I understand the discs bolt-on.
Learning more and more about less and less...

anything