Author Topic: I need psychological help....  (Read 9970 times)

X33RS

• View Profile
Re: I need psychological help....
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 10:45:51 PM »
Yup, pay the fee and enter the car so I can park close, exactly what I do.  This way I can also bring a chair and a cooler and chit chat.  Generally If there isn't much going on I'll roll out before they even hand trophies.

abiddle

• 1969 Camaro SS 350 - trim 719 52 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 12:44:36 PM »
When I finally got mine running this fall I did the same thing, and on one day 3 shows in a row. Pay the fee, park close and open the hood, leave before the trophies for the next show. I wished I had a "You can touch my car" sign.  I wonder how I will change after the restoration now in progress?

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 03:27:11 PM »
I am not a huge show guy, maybe it is my impulse to always be on the move, or doing something, and I am just to young to be able to relax and sit and enjoy.....or maybe it's my 4 kids pulling me in different directions?

Anyways when I have gotten time to go to shows it is usually park, (sometimes night before) show up open the hood, and start making the rounds to see and explore what other cool looking drivers are out there. I will admit I do wash our Mustang before shows, having the chrome shine, makes the older paint not look so bad, but on my 69Z it has been years since I have washed it, although the Z hasn't ever been officially "in" a car show... 8)
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

X33RS

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2016, 04:51:51 PM »
I see I'm not the only one  ;D

What I like even more is hitting the bigger 3 day weekend type of shows that are at a drag strip at the same time.  I almost can't stand sitting still in a chair next to the car for too long, as I'm not really there for show points anyway, I like to walk and such.  But the shows at the drag strips add another level.  I love to make passes with the cars too, have some fun with it.
  For me, a regular show can be somewhat boring after I've walked and seen everything.  In cases like that I think I get the most enjoyment during the ride over and the ride back home, lol.

Abiddle, I like the "you can touch my car" sign, haha.  Yeah that view does tend to change a bit after a restoration, lol.

dale_z28

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2016, 05:12:59 PM »
I'm going to make a sign for my car: "You can't touch my wife, either!"
'69 X33 02D   Since 11-29-'77

Details are trifles, but trifles make perfection. And perfection is no trifle.
~Ben Franklin

anything