Author Topic: Fire at Girlfriends where Z/28 is stored  (Read 12912 times)

dannystarr

• View Profile
Re: Fire at Girlfriends where Z/28 is stored
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 08:39:53 PM »
Thank you to everyone...
 Just spent 4 hours with All State. I am not a relative or live at the primary residence. SO, MY items not covered. YH Battery - DF Rally's - Engine Harness - T-3 Headlights - Pulse Tech Battery Charger - Gear wrench and Snap On tools, air tank, air compressor, wheel barrow etc. etc. The list goes on.. what a bummer. I can't even begin to afford to buy all this stuff again. Not now anyway... Son of a biscuit !!!. D

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 09:42:03 PM »
I was pretty sure you gave all those items as a gift to your girlfriend prior to the fire....or they were all still hers since she purchased them with the car as a gift for the both of you to spend time together. ;)
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

Vince

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 10:29:08 PM »
Danny,

So sorry to hear the bad news.  I'm glad you and your girlfriend are alright, the kittys and the 4 cars and trucks too.  Hopefully everything that was damaged or lost can be repaired, fixed, or replaced even though it will take time.  Take things one at a time and it will work out; don't try to do it all at once.  I'll say a prayer for you and your girlfriend. 

Vince (Mario)

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 03:27:09 PM »
I am pissed at myself that I didn't think to hook up my pressure washer. 3200 PSI!! It would have given me the extra 20 feet of hose, AND been SO much better than that garden hose. I can't believe I didn't think   >:( >:(  .. D

JKZ27

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 03:49:05 PM »
Wow. Sorry man.
Don't beat yourself up too much now in hindsight. You did just run into a burning building to save her.
John
69 RS/SS Cortez Silver, L48 MC1
68 RS Ash/Ivy Gold 327EFI M20

67rs/ss350 68z/28

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 09:50:04 PM »
I am pissed at myself that I didn't think to hook up my pressure washer. 3200 PSI!! It would have given me the extra 20 feet of hose, AND been SO much better than that garden hose. I can't believe I didn't think   >:( >:(  .. D

Don't get mad at yourself. Just think your here to talk about it, your girlfriend and cats are safe also. That's most important! Your car made it because of your fast thinking, you must have had a lot going through your mind at that point. You are a very lucky man! Just like mentioned those rims and other parts damaged were your surprise birthday gift you didn't receive yet from your girlfriend. Hope it all works out. Keep us informed

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2015, 05:50:49 AM »
Found out at lunch time that my renters insurance may cover some stuff. But only part cause it was not at my house. Gotta submit pictures and info to State Farm. Sure would be nice to get SOMETHING. Maybe not 5K but a little help... D

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2015, 05:54:05 AM »
Hey Danny,
The way I look at you have beat cancer twice, and now a fire. Your a super hero !
This is a great story for you tell for many years, and builds the bond and story between you and your car, and you and your girlfriend ... ;)

Currently you have:
-health
-Girlfriend
-68Z
-(job)
I would say your doing alright in this day and age. (Some guys can't check off one of those on their list)
Look on the bright side brother!
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2015, 11:04:07 PM »
Ha ha.. That's great!! Maybe not quite full super hero status, but close for a day!...  ;D  Holding my breath and running into the garage with my eyes closed to recue Raquel was probably not real smart. I felt the heat on my face, legs and arms from the gas meter blow hole. But only for a couple seconds.
  I appreciate what I have on a regular basis. The girlfriend is awesome in SO many ways. And I really do feel pretty good. Just some set backs just like everyone else I guess. Thanx to everyone again for always being there for me. I posted here before I did much else. Cause it's nice to get the positive support, makes ya feel good inside. I hit 5 out of 6 on the CA lotto a couple years ago. Missed it by ONE number 238 Million. I only have played maybe $50 worth of tickets since it started many years ago. But it's fun to buy a ticket when it's at 2 or 3 hundred million dollars. I promise if I hit, I am going to be buying us a handful of Z/28's to put on CRG, then you can all play to have a chance to win one! A MUCH LARGER version of the mileage guess game. .. D

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2015, 01:51:47 AM »
Danny, I wish You & I were much closer. I have a friend that has offered to sell me all of the contents of his 3 car garage. At 92, He is hanging up the wrenches. I am blessed to have so many inspirational people in my life. Anyway, I have been reluctant to 'pull the trigger' and buy his stuff because no one uses SAE tools except guys like us which probably have everything they need and I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of stuff I don't need or use (already have plenty of that stuff). Anyway a couple of pics if they could be boxed and sent your way. Lots of cool stuff.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2015, 04:25:45 AM »
WOW!! That would be SO much fun going thru all that. Some of my best memories as a kid was going thru old buildings and creeks.
Thanx for the offer... Hard to really know what would be good and worth the ride out to me. Is that Vice a "Wilton"?? How far are you from 95476 CA zip?
You near Chicago? Gonna be at the MCACN?.. D

ZLP955

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2015, 06:16:11 AM »
Very cool stuff Bentley, looks like most of it dates back to when tools were made to last, and (providing you took care of them) got proudly passed on from fathers to sons/daughters.
Danny, some things are irreplaceable and you've taken care of those; don't sweat the others, and don't kick yourself for what else/more you could've done. Things happen so fast you rarely have time to think rationally. If you'd got the pressure washer out, you could have electrocuted yourself if water came in contact with power, so count yourself lucky you were ok with just the hose!
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

MooneyDriver

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2015, 05:42:25 PM »
Ill take the maytag!
'67  in progress

69 Zee

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2015, 01:40:54 AM »
The most important thing Danny is that everyone and the animals are ok,  the fire was contained and not a total loss.  All else can be replaced and repaired.

As far as the pressure washer,  probably better that you didn't think of using it.  Fire like that you need water volume.  With a pressure washer you would of been getting very little water under a high pressure of air.  Without going into the whole fire tetrahedron, fire (like us) needs oxygen to live and spread.  A pressure washer would of introduced what it thrives for the most, the oxygen in the air with little water.  Thus most likely pushing the fire and embers thru the structure.  Kinda of like putting a huge floor fan blowing on a camp fire and you peeing on it.. It'll burn forever until the fuel (your garage) is remove... not good !

Darrell
'69 Camaro Z/28: 03B NOR X77 Dusk Blue, white top, all orig, Under construction
'69 Firebird all original 350 all power w/ac
'70 Plymouth Superbird: One owner, Limelight green, 45K miles, all original U code

KERR

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2015, 02:16:35 PM »
we had a fire back in july..   cause still unknown  but it torched a bunch of stuff...   2004 2500 gmc with 16K miles,  diesel Massey Ferguson etc etc...   and where the garage is two stories it kept all the heat from escaping,  its a concrete box,  walls floor and ceiling.   So the fire men went threw the house and of course when they opened the basement door the ash cloud went everywhere...   

good news is no one was hurt in ours or yours for the sound of it..

anything