Author Topic: Jack - Ratcheting Assembly Removal  (Read 2763 times)

Edgemontvillage

• View Profile
Jack - Ratcheting Assembly Removal
« on: September 02, 2015, 09:43:11 PM »
I need to disassemble the jack in order to properly restore each component part.  The ratcheting assembly is prevented from sliding off the mast by a spur (see photo) that exists on both ends of the mast. Is there a way to remove and replace the ratcheting assembly while preserving or re-creating the mast spur? 

enio45

• View Profile
Re: Jack - Ratcheting Assembly Removal
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 05:32:02 AM »
We separate (spread)  the ratchet assembly mask slightly so it will slip past the notch on the shaft.  Replate the shaft and paint the mask (ratchet assembly)  - - insert replated shaft and insert into a vise (protect the paint) and slightly squeeze the ratchet assembly back to normal shape. 

All done :-)
Eddie  Montini

Edgemontvillage

• View Profile
Re: Jack - Ratcheting Assembly Removal
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 02:58:51 PM »
We separate (spread)  the ratchet assembly mask slightly so it will slip past the notch on the shaft.  Replate the shaft and paint the mask (ratchet assembly)  - - insert replated shaft and insert into a vise (protect the paint) and slightly squeeze the ratchet assembly back to normal shape. 

All done :-)

Thanks Eddie, terrific advice, following your instructions I was able to separate the ratching assembly from the jack mast without much effort and without deforming the ratcheting assembly.  Once it's restored I'll post the results. 

anything