Author Topic: New interior, 715  (Read 4099 times)

BowtieSweden

• View Profile
New interior, 715
« on: September 02, 2015, 06:35:52 PM »
Where is the best place to buy interior stuff?
Don't know yet exactly what I need, but probably seat covers and carpet.
Maybe doorpanels too.
I'm worried about the color matching between old and the new, dark blue 715.
Hopefully some of you have a good experience from this.

/GUS
Camaro SS Conv. -69
Impala SS Conv. -67
Camaro SS Coupe -12

Kelley W King

• View Profile
Re: New interior, 715
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 07:25:19 PM »
I don,t think that color matched when new. I remember being at a corvette show hearing a heated discussion and it was decided that they generally did not match perfectly.
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

BowtieSweden

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 07:33:33 PM »
Means what?
Buy all or nothing?

It has to be some interior suppliers, that can deliver stuff with correct color?
Camaro SS Conv. -69
Impala SS Conv. -67
Camaro SS Coupe -12

HawkX66

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 07:39:17 PM »
There is no way you're going to match old and new perfectly via mail order. Even if it was stored in a sealed garage for the last 46 years I'd reason to bet there would still be fading.
Dave
69 SS396 X66 L34 M21 BS
Z23 711 U17 Hugger Orange
Semper Fi!

BowtieSweden

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 07:49:11 PM »
So,
Who's the no 1 for interior?
Camaro SS Conv. -69
Impala SS Conv. -67
Camaro SS Coupe -12

ZLP955

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 10:24:16 AM »
Gus,
Firstly Congratulations on having a most excellent interior color scheme!

In no particular order:
Carpet - I bought a dark blue 2-piece carpet from ACC, have not yet fitted it but the quality of the pile is excellent and the color nice and dark.

Door Panels - mine are by PUI and are a few years old now, but the color when I got them was very close to my original passenger side door panel, which was protected from the sun since the mid-70's. I have heard owners say that the latest concours door panels by TMI are good in terms of the vinyl appearance (grain, padding and seaming details) but I have no direct experience of these. Legendary Interiors also seem to be offered by all of the usual vendors, but I haven't seen much in the way of opinions or reviews by owners......

Seat Covers - I can't recall with certainty which brand of seat cover are on my bucket seats, but I *think* they are PUI. Happy with the grain, fit and quality. Again, these are also offered by Legendary, TMI and Distinctive, can't really offer advice on which is considered the best at the moment.

I need to replace my dark blue headliner, haven't looked into that yet, but from your sig, it looks like your car is a 'vert and so no headliner required!

Unless you're aiming for a trailer queen concours car, I'd suggest that any of those well-known brands' products would be worth considering. Most offer a range of quality, from budget to 'best', which is self-explanatory. I think the most important consideration is to get the best quality you can afford, and all the door/rear panels from the same manufacturer, and likewise for the front and rear seats; that way, they should match.
The hardest thing to try and get right is if you have to use interior paint on the metal areas of the dash, and on plastic components like kick panels and console (if you have one).
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

anything