Author Topic: ip banned at team camaro??  (Read 8142 times)

My68SS

• View Profile
ip banned at team camaro??
« on: April 09, 2015, 01:56:25 PM »
I crew, I know this is not your problem, but when I try to view posts as a guest at team Camaro [clicking links in posts here] I get a message "Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here"
When I try to contact the admin, I end up with the same message!  ???

Any way you could help me?
Rob
1968 12C SS
L34/M40
12 bolt posi 3.55

KevinW

• View Profile
Re: ip banned at team camaro??
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 10:58:22 PM »
Rob, where are you located and what IP address are you using? We have been getting a lot of spam and had to take whole subnets away, mostly overseas.

My68SS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 12:59:35 AM »
Ah, I see. I'm in Perth, Australia. Current ip [dynamic] is 203.59.45.107 [iinet]
Cheers
Rob
1968 12C SS
L34/M40
12 bolt posi 3.55

KevinW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 11:11:56 AM »
I put your info into administration over on Team Camaro. They are going to research.

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 12:45:16 PM »
Rob - I have looked and we have not banned that particular IP on our side of the AutoGuide forums but it could have been used by someone on any site in the system that was banned for spamming recently. Can you tell me when it stopped letting you in date wise?

If you are using DHCP based ip assignment on your internet connection at home or on your phone reset your IP address by rebooting your devices (cold boot - power off then back on) and you should get a new IP address.

If it is a newly assigned static address by your provider to you then please drop me a private message here so I can get details to be used to open your port. But I think you know it is Dynamic DHCP based so power off then back on.
1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator

My68SS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 03:52:12 PM »
Hi 69pace, noticed the ban a few weeks ago, but for how long it was banned before I noticed is anyone's guess. I've no chance to put it to a date.
Just tried it again and it was still banned, then tried a power off/wait/on and managed to get a new ip [58.7.134.18] and it now works ok.
Not quite so easy sometimes to get a new ip. As with intranet dhcp, even though you release the ip back to the pool by powering off, it remains allocated to my [the] mac address unless someone else logs on and happens to pick up that ip, only then will you get a new ip.
Thanks for your help  :)
Rob
1968 12C SS
L34/M40
12 bolt posi 3.55

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 04:40:01 PM »
No problem. Your internet provider must have a large pool of addresses or is not so eager to drop the reservation. Here in the states on most cable and DSL connections I can release, and renew the ip and get a new one from the pool every attempt. Cable systems here map addresses to MAC addresses too but not DSL, but then again Comcast and COX communications the two largest cable internet providers I deal with will issue a new address every attempt.

Glad you are back on board over at TC. Let me know if you get stuck in a situation again.

Brian
1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator

HawkX66

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 02:03:14 PM »
Yep, as of about two weeks ago I could no longer see CRG at my work computer. Now what am I going to do at work lol Unfortunately I can't divulge my work IP. FWIW, you may have been getting spam, but now I bet you're losing a ton of viewers and not knowing it.
Dave
69 SS396 X66 L34 M21 BS
Z23 711 U17 Hugger Orange
Semper Fi!

anything