Author Topic: 69 CAMARO PARTS WHAT ARE THEY WORTH?  (Read 19512 times)

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Re: 69 CAMARO PARTS WHAT ARE THEY WORTH?
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2015, 05:27:38 AM »
Sold!! Just finished loading everything up! There was WAY more than advertised.

Ok so what else was there? Did you pay the full amount? I am guessing you are into 67's by your handle, what are your plans for the parts?
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2015, 10:43:15 AM »
Sold!! Just finished loading everything up! There was WAY more than advertised.
You did well! Not too many cases to have that amount of parts at one taking. What were the most interesting parts in the stash?
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

KevinW

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2015, 12:26:39 PM »
Call me a naysayer, but when I see a big pile of parts that all are painted the same and could all be from one car, my suspicious mind thinks a theft and strip. Hopefully that is not the case! 

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2015, 12:33:41 PM »
Unless the top of the car was almost completely disintegrated, that may have been a mistake. A fully assembled bottom chassis can be purchased for $3900. Just put the top half of the donor car on it which is an easy job.

I sent him an email asking what happened to the body hull...  "What happened to the body hull?  It almost looks like you have everything off it laying there?"

His response:  "Body, after I sand blasted it, was all rusted out. Sent it to the scrap yard. Kept most everything else plus I bought a lot of new parts. Jeff"

So that appears (as it looked in the photo).. that he had all other parts to the car....  a great buy for someone nearby..  IMO....

67restoproj

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2015, 12:54:23 PM »
Tons of new in the box parts. 2 center consoles, one is brand new with gauges. Brand new sheet metal(front fenders, inners, extensions, and an  SS hood. Brand new front and rear bumpers with new rear bumperettes. Used fenders are very nice as is the inners. Nice rear trunk lid with spoiler. Brand new hood hinges,door and quarter glass. Tons more....
Anyone need anything?..lol

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2015, 01:13:15 PM »
Like I posted ,for a grand ,would have drove up there...perhaps hooked up with DWC(grand plus 1 dollar) or Bentley ,with a UHAUL :)

Sauron has written enough about the value of OE sheet metal :D , vs. getting aftermarket straight in the shop :P. As my body man repeated to me many times.

Bob had a good portion of a day getting my 69 ,dealer purchased (in 69) rust free " fresh air hood" straight. Surprising even to him.

Nobody even mentioned the weather stripping$$ Consoles ,mystery boxes ,seats...I think he did good. Was that a head I saw ? Pair of 2.02's? Huh ,fasteners alone!   Got a battery hold down bolt?? LOL

Shame the rest disappeared or was scrapped
68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

VINCE Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2015, 01:40:07 PM »
The real value is in the OE parts, repop not as much. There should be repop RS parts as well in the boxes. 67resto you must live in the Northwest Washington area?
" He who knows naught, knows not that he knows naught"  It's not you...  It's just the way my brain is wired.

67restoproj

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2015, 02:44:18 PM »
Yes a complete RS conversion kit. I live a few minutes north of the border

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2015, 07:09:34 PM »
Call me a naysayer, but when I see a big pile of parts that all are painted the same and could all be from one car, my suspicious mind thinks a theft and strip. Hopefully that is not the case! 

I've seen that before also, Kevin....   and after examining the parts (engine, trans,etc)..  him saying they were all good.  and seeing a good bohy hull there also (for an Impala SS), I decided to walk...  in that particular case, it seemed no doubt that he was stripping cars... I stopped short of alerting law enforcement, but I did think about it..  and wonder still if I should have...
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

VINCE Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2015, 07:20:19 PM »
Gentleman maybe I'm missing something here.... we went from a guy selling parts to a car stripper?
" He who knows naught, knows not that he knows naught"  It's not you...  It's just the way my brain is wired.

VINCE Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2015, 01:34:24 PM »
Ok lets follow that line of thinking, does anyone know of a rallye green 69 camaro super sport that was taken in the last 5 to 10 years? Without a VIN it's going to be hard to prove,but if someone comes up missing a RG 69 then this might have legs.

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2015, 01:53:28 PM »
Ok lets follow that line of thinking, does anyone know of a rallye green 69 camaro super sport that was taken in the last 5 to 10 years? Without a VIN it's going to be hard to prove,but if someone comes up missing a RG 69 then this might have legs.

The owner of this car stated he stripped the car for sandblasting the hull..   but after blasting, the hull was too far gone, which seemed like a reasonable story to me.   This type of situation is *ideal* for the complete repro body that is available from year one and others, and a question I would have had for the seller.   I would never accuse any seller of being a 'stripper' (without much more information than is available, and I don't think Bullitt intended that either; he was only saying a buyer should be wary ..).   In the situation I referenced, a good 'body' was sitting there that all the parts had come from, and the parts were 'too cheap'..  which definitely made me wary, and caused me to walk!
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2015, 03:36:03 PM »
Um, that wasn't my suspicion, I think you may mean Kevin W. (from your quote)
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

67restoproj

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2015, 03:43:54 PM »
Guys this is not the case at all. This is simply someone buying a car to restore and getting burned. He purchased the car out of Utah as an undocumented L-48 SS early 68 van Nuys. He stripped the body for media blasting, purchased a ton of OEM parts.  Unfortunetly the news came back as not good on the body and that he should consider doing a re-body.  I believe this became financially overwhelming and the fact that he doesn't seem to be to mechanically inclined. There property is also coming up for sale so instead of packing all these parts he would just cut his losses.  
 Very nice couple in Maple Falls WA. Previous long time small business owners in a small community with heavy roots.

VINCE Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2015, 03:50:26 PM »
Gary it does seem unusual to have a car so rusted out that it can't be saved, yet the front sheet metal and deck lid looks rust free. If someone wanted to use parts off the car with no ID numbers I can see that might be a way to do it.

anything