Author Topic: CHARLOTTE AUTOFAIR, APRIL 9-12  (Read 15265 times)

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Re: CHARLOTTE AUTOFAIR, APRIL 9-12
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2015, 05:57:28 PM »
Phillip I will be 100 percent honest, and only as constructive criticism.   My only disappointment outside in the red and green fields is that things were to spread out.   But I did well and was VERY happy with the weekend.   The weather worked out well, but forecasts were shakey.  It is my favorite shows of the year.   I live so close to Carlisle and lost interest in it because of rules and greed.   All the staff at Autofare are nice and very polite.   I look forward to eating at the Texas Ranch Steak House and that staff knows us from 10 years of patronage.   My father retired two years ago and we go together.   Also my uncle usually goes, a GTO owner.     It has been a family outing for us for over 20 years now.   We have many priceless moments together there.   That in itself is worth it.   Thanks for all that you do and your efforts are greatly appreciated.  Just hoping I can come in the fall.   Dan
I appreciate the appraisal. I'm glad to know both the HNR and Speedway staffs are doing it right.
What do you mean by "spread out"? Spread out in the field itself? Or too far from inside? Or just plain old too much walking?
In the Spring what I and my team do as meet chair is only a small part of Autofair. But the meet is one of the largest in the country.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

ds1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2015, 09:08:19 PM »
The  venders  were to far apart in the upper part of the green field and the red field  in general.  To much gap or space between  vendors.  Not to much walking.  I know some of  that is people that have spaces and did not show up.   But I did a lot of zig zag walking to get to see each space.   Not complaining just may help the venders  in the outer areas.  Our spaces are good. 

redindianguy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2015, 08:55:33 PM »
   Hi guys new on here , I have 3 Camaros 396 Canadian pace car , 69 Z and a RS SS 67 convert . made the trip to Charlotte after 25 years at Carlilse and it blew me away . A bit of a drive from Canada but well worth it Amazing job and thanks to all involved

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2015, 11:14:01 PM »
How about some pics?
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

X33RS

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2015, 12:56:23 AM »
Been about 1987 or 88 since I've been there, bought a car back then.  Test drove around the track. Good times. Was always one of my favorite swap meets.  Would also like to see pics of how things are now.