Author Topic: a/c hose sizes  (Read 3087 times)

hrascoll

• View Profile
a/c hose sizes
« on: January 30, 2015, 08:21:33 AM »
I have a 67 rs/ss 350 with factory a/c. the condenser seems to have 2 size outlets, a size 12 (5/8) on top and size 10 (1/2) on bottom. 

the smaller hose runs to the drier, but my original and after market fitting is hose size 8 (13/32).

the larger hose runs to the muffler, but the muffler outlet is size 10 not 12.

the rear outlet on muffler runs to the poa and both are size 12. (thank god)

the other side of the drier is size 8 and runs to the expansion valve, but the fitting on the exp valve uses a much smaller hose(sorry cant tell size).

so here is my questions. 1. is the condenser incorrect or the drier/muffler size fittings wrong. 2. is the muffler incorrect. 3. is the fitting on the exp valve incorrect.  please, please help!

hrascoll

• View Profile
Re: a/c hose sizes
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 06:37:01 AM »
so 46 people have viewed this post and not one answer. let me add, can anyone with factory a/c on a 67 please post the 4 hose sizes and what the routing is. thx

big iron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 01:58:36 AM »
Muffler is correct, 12 (5/8" ) on muffler rear goes to POA, 10 on muffler front goes to condenser 10 upper. Both hoses are 8's on drier, one going to the condenser 8 lower and the other going to the expansion valve 8. Your condenser should have 10 ( 1/2" ) on top and 8 ( +3/8" ) on bottom. There are only 3 hose sizes and if you follow my explanation you will have your routing.
Bob

hrascoll

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 05:54:01 AM »
thank you for your help. with that help I will order the correct hoses and complete another project' thanks again.

anything