Author Topic: Anyone here heard of this car? Pandemonium  (Read 3404 times)

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
Anyone here heard of this car? Pandemonium
« on: January 26, 2015, 05:42:56 AM »
I had never heard of this car, and I went to Drag strip quite often back in the day.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

CNorton

• View Profile
Re: Anyone here heard of this car? Pandemonium
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 12:29:13 PM »
The original "Pandemonium" label was associated with Bob Sullivan's program that was based in Kansas City.  Over the years, I've been aware of Sullivan's place in drag racing history but  not being a particular fan of funny cars in general, I can't comment on this specific car.  I have always associated that team with Mopar bodies but the posted photo and another currently for sale on ebay suggest that he used a Camaro body in at least one iteration during the 70's.

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 08:53:18 PM »
Yah.  I saw a post of this car on Facebook, so I googled it.  And yes, you are right, in earlier years the Pandemonium cars were Mopars.  As I said above, I followed Drag Racing when I was younger, and I liked the "Funny Cars" when they still resembled a real car.  The new "Funnies" resemble something from outer space.  I even like some of the Pro Mods today, in particular "Arnie the Farmer" Beswick, I don't live far from his hometown.  And I attend the Wheelstanding Championships, they take place only 30 miles from where I live.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 11:54:05 PM »
Chassis would have been out of Cleveland " Lakewood Chassis "   Larry Sikora (bell housings) would have done the welding. If really interested, look him up, he may talk about. He's still welding ,and relatively recently finished a nostalgic funny car for Coughlins. (Jegs). Also welded/fabricated for Mickey Thompson up to his passing. Before my time, but in the 70's all the big name top fuel/funny car folks would bring their cars to his shop prior to the events. Side note: he built the chassis that saved Tommy Ivo in his famous crash.

He's a true craftsman ,one of the guys who wrote the book leading towards chassis development/safety.
68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

anything