Author Topic: More number for you guys  (Read 3108 times)

KERR

• View Profile
More number for you guys
« on: September 03, 2014, 02:15:54 PM »
So i got around to getting some numbers..

So far we know that it was built 5-16-69,  X11,  V8 car,  Ext Paint is Glacier Blue With Parchment vinyl top, Interior is Ivory/Black,  Car has PDB, PS, AC, 

I have looked for marking to see if its a real SS and have yet to find any,  So we are under the assumption it was a 307 with a power glide,.... 

With that said these numbers are off the current motor in the car which has no vin numbers.

Front of the block,      BLANK      V 1204 TBC     ( thats all it says)       From what ive searched thats a 1970 truck block.

Back of the block,     25 GM  3970010,    Those number on here make it a 69-70 block but can be in any car.

above that there is a dial,  It pointing to D  ( about 1 o clock)  below that is circle with dots,  at "12" oclock there is a  dot above it,  the arrow is pointing to 4th hump...

On to heads..   3947041,   L30  3   

thats as far as ive gotten,   although i have found all the vin numbers on the body and they are same,  Not that it matter with the rust lol...   

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
Re: More number for you guys
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 01:20:43 AM »
BLANK      V 1204 TBC  = My literature points to a 1970 4bbl. 350 c.u. used in 1/2 to 1 ton .This is a Flint Dec 4th build. Look for casting date KERR and report back. My experience tells me this is a 4 bolt main block and a good cheap candidate for a powerful street /strip build.

3947041,   L30  3 I would double check the casting date and guess it might be an *8* instead of * 3*  These are or were great heads in the day. 64cc "camel hump" without the hump used on L48 300hp 350s and 302 Z engine. With todays gas and heads, there are much better, but without spending a lot, these can give outstanding performance particularly if you bore .030
the old adage,"when in doubt,bore it out" works well on a 350 and unshrouds valves.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

KERR

• View Profile
Re: More number for you guys
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 02:36:55 PM »
no doubt,   I had a set of those on the corvette,  until a nut took a tour of the inisde of the motor,   the forged piston are stronger than the head,  so the nut punched a big hole in the head :(...

I have no clue what is done to this motor,   the carb is JUNK,   it can be fixed,  but a brand new one is $100 more..    I might just get that Fast FI set up for it.     

To me at this point the motor isnt a big deal,  It would be cool if it was at least, " something close, a could be"   but in the case,  the motor cant be built after the car ;)  I think im going to just restore this car and put it away..  then find one that cheap to start with..         A one time there was a place on line,   I want to say it was in callie, that all they did was sale gm motors,   I cant find it now,  but they where on e bay,   you could search by date code etc...