Author Topic: My New '68 Camaro Z/28 Butternut Yellow  (Read 370302 times)

dannystarr

• View Profile
Re: My New '68 Camaro Z/28 Butternut Yellow
« Reply #795 on: November 24, 2015, 04:52:09 AM »
Thank you guys. . was great meeting no yenko George and bill Ohio, chick and skip .. Skips car was awesome to see. And charlie lilliard, that guy has some knowledge. Didnt get to spend as much time with him. There was 2 or 3 more members whos names escape me as I type this on my girls iphone. Also other car owners in our section. Off to sleep. .

NoYenko

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 24, 2015, 12:26:44 PM »
Danny it was nice to meet & talk at the show, wish I had more time. Your car is amazing, loved the photo book you put together, I am sure the judges did also.
Congratulations on your score makes all your hard work gratifying now. I enjoyed talking with you & girl friend. Next year I will plan on spending 2 days, one for socializing one for checking cars out. George

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 25, 2015, 07:13:37 AM »
I am back home now, flight went well.
 trland Mike, THAT'S one of the other guys I was trying to remember. Thanx for the compliments, I really enjoyed meeting everyone. For some reason I was under the assumption that there was going to be like 20 or 30 CRG members present OR MORE! Ok, well maybe another show.. Time to sleep... D

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 26, 2015, 01:25:25 AM »
JUST finished totaling up the entire cost of the trip. Hope this helps anyone thinking of doing this next year. Minus Vintage Certification Cost if you are not going to do that... And just add cost of entry of your car in show. And your location for car hauling will vary depending on where you live of course.
 This is for shipment of one car from 40 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge in Northern CA. with Reliable Carriers... Hotel deal from the MCACN discount at the Double Tree O'Hare for 6 nights... Flight booked several months in advance with American Airlines round trip... All cab and uber fee's with tips...  All meals with tips... Long term airport parking for 6 days at $18 a day... $20 in gas... Bridge Toll... This does not include rental car. We didn't need one as the doubletree is right across the street. Danny

$7,110.29    And worth every dollar!!

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 26, 2015, 01:44:33 AM »
"$7,110.29    And worth every dollar!!"  Cajoling with real car guys for a weekend, seeing the cream of the crop, having a beaming smile...PRICELESS!
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #800 on: November 30, 2015, 02:54:44 AM »
Reliable delivered my car today. Worked out nice that it was a Sunday, but it was pretty cold. Dropped down in the 20's last night, woke up with no water. Coldest day of 2015 so far by far. I thought I covered the well piping and everything else but I guess not. Just then, I get the call from Reliable that they will be at the drop spot in 30 minutes. I flew out of the house, found them and guided them in. Got the car off the truck by pushing it. I would not start. Tried my jumper and his jumper and nothing. They drove off and I was there with nothing. It wouldn't make a sound but all lights worked. I decided to shoot the starter to get the temp. I had my little tool with me cause I was going to check a friends fridge. But no other tools. I got a reading of 34. The driver mentioned that it was just in a state that was 5 degrees. I loosened my spare and grabbed my lug wrench. Tapped on the starter lightly about 25 times. Went in and hit the key and she started to turn over slowly. So I hooked up the jumper for 5 minutes and Voila she fired right up. That starter and I assume the battery, does not like the cold. Warmed it up and took off. Felt good to take it for a spin. Even if it was only 2 miles. Not alot of damage that I could see. I did however see some rips in my driver door panel. Little scuff's in a circle around the window crank actually tearing the panel. Thought it might have been from jewelry dragging the panel. But I put my hand down there to simulate and that was not it... I KNOW they were near perfect, as I know every inch of that car. And I was standing right there when the judges remarked how nice they are. So I am a little bummed by that. I seen the car at midnight Sunday night and it all seemed fine. Car got loaded 6am the next day. It's almost like someone had a set of keys in their hand while turning the crank. Also noticed a good run of scuff marks in the same panel. From the drivers getting in and out several times and hitting them with their shoes/Boots. There were 3 Hemi Cuda's on the truck heading to San Jose. I would be real curious to see those left door panel bottoms  :( :(   Danny

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 30, 2015, 03:58:06 AM »
Danny, it was great to meet you at the show and see the car in person. It's a great car and it sounds like it scored well. Congratulations. That sure sucks about the door panel though. I think that's every owner's nightmare that these guys would not treat your car with extreme care. I would let Reliable know of your dissatisfaction. They need to hear honest feedback.
Jon Mello
CRG

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #802 on: November 30, 2015, 05:42:16 AM »
I would deffinetly call reliable first thing monday morning, and let them know that your whole car was under the microscope all weekend, and that 11 judges spent 3 hours going over car with a fine tooth comb, and that there were no scratches or rips in the door panel prior to the car being loaded. They should step up and find a resolution, weather it is reimbursing you the cost of a original panel, or giving you a major credit for the price you paid for them to transport your vehicle. Unless they are going to change their company name, they should stand behind the contract of delivering your car in the same condition it was loaded.
hate seeing stuff like this happen to nice guys, especially when, with some care and precaution it could have been avoided... >:( :-\
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 30, 2015, 06:39:53 AM »
Thanx Guys.. Probably not going to happen. I have a dentist appt. and then work long days all week. And lets face it, they don't give a crap really. All these companies do JUST enough to get by. Even this morning the lady insisted I owe the full amount. WHY, because someone who works in the accounting office, dropped the ball and didn't give me credit for the first payment. She said they should have had it all set up showing that a cashiers check was received for 1/2. I had the EXACT same thing happen with "Passport Transport" when I bought this car. The guy wasn't going to release the car to me. Insisted I owe the full amount. He had to call the office and go thru the whole thing. Just like the lady did after we talked on the phone the night before. I have had about 5 call backs for issues since 1993. I have friends that get that many a WEEK! What needs to happen, is they need to find the person that is responsible for making the mistake, 'write them up", 3 write ups and your gone! Bet they pay attention after that.. But nothing will get done. The millionaire owner is sitting at home walking out into his garage, and looking at all the collectible cars he owns. You think he gives a sh*t about me and my door panel.... Doubt it... D   

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 30, 2015, 07:05:44 AM »
Thats why the inspection paperwork is filled out. I know you paid the full amount, for a top quality transport. If you got less that top notch service then I would make time to make a call and get retribution. When paying that much I would have high expectations.But thats me.
I would bet they have paid out for less... :P
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 30, 2015, 06:56:45 PM »
You worry about the details, but then want to let this slide??
Kurt S
CRG

BillOhio

• View Profile
    • photobucket
« Reply #806 on: December 01, 2015, 05:35:51 AM »
my dad for several years,  had a small company in florida haul his restored 57 Ford Retractable to florida and back so they could drive it in the winter. a couple years ago it returned home and my parents had got home before the car. the driver is the same each time and seemed in a hurry. Under dads car was alot of sand and dirt so dad sweep out his trailer and didnt look the car over much. After the driver left, I got there and we couldnt get the right door open without it hitting the front fender. We got to looking and the carpet was filthy under the dash. Looked a little more and both quarters were buckled. The dirt under the car and dash were what fell out of the frame (some sand leftover from blasting) and from under the dash. The only thing we can figure is that it was tied down so tight the springs couldnt move to let the body move. The year before he tied around the axle and crushed a brake line. The car was on the back bottom spot and must have had a heck of a jolt.  About made you sick to see it. Dad didnt look it over close and signed off and the owner of the truck wouldn't even call him back.  His insurance covered it but they did have a discussion with the truck owner.  Not sure how it turned out but the car did get fixed and I think was around $7000 to do it.
1969 Z28, Burgandy, numbers matching, 12,900 miles
1968 RS 327 4 speed
1970 Z28 M22 4:10 bought from original owner
1961 Chrysler 300G convertible

Charley

• View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 01, 2015, 06:51:08 PM »
Do you have any pics of the door panel ? If they damaged it I'm not sure why you haven't told them about it but prefer to make a statement like "The millionaire owner is sitting at home walking out into his garage, and looking at all the collectible cars he owns. You think he gives a sh*t about me and my door panel.... Doubt it... D " Do you really think it is fair to trash Reliable on a public forum without even letting them know you had a problem ?

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 01, 2015, 11:23:12 PM »
Do you have any pics of the door panel ? If they damaged it I'm not sure why you haven't told them about it but prefer to make a statement like "The millionaire owner is sitting at home walking out into his garage, and looking at all the collectible cars he owns. You think he gives a sh*t about me and my door panel.... Doubt it... D " Do you really think it is fair to trash Reliable on a public forum without even letting them know you had a problem ?

I agree with Charley..  Everyone makes mistakes..  Its the ones that wont make it right are the ones that people need to know about.

x77-69z28

• View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 02, 2015, 01:07:12 AM »
Call Bob Harris at reliable. He is a manager. Let him know you are a member here and the Yenko site. If anything can be done, he will get it done.
69 Z/28 X77 burnished brown, 711 int 05A bought in 78
70 Z28 forrest green, green int, M40, bk vinyl roof PROJECT
99 SS hugger orange 6spd NO TTOPS bought new 1 of 54
15 z/28 Arctic white, A/C 505 HP #251

anything