Author Topic: Words on back of sail panel (67)  (Read 2656 times)

Leon in Mn.

• View Profile
Words on back of sail panel (67)
« on: July 12, 2014, 02:39:12 AM »
In the process of removing my old headliner and sail panel material (and accumulation of a past mouse, or "mices" nest or two, I found the words "holes 100 pr" hand written on the back of one of the rear sail panels.  I'm thinking it meant "holes 100 pair'?  I wonder if they only punched holes in the sail panels of what they needed at the time for the courtesy lights to fit the cars with the deluxe interior?  Does that sound right?  I tried and tried posting the pic of it but it wont let me even though I saved it in photobucket with the link.  I did order the headliner with enough sail panel material and new visors to match from Classic Ind. and it matches the old ones perfect!   I did however have to order the insulation pieces from Heartbeat as CI didn't have them.  Roof underside looks great with rods etc.  Even the plastic clips are in great shape although I did order new ones.  A little touch up paint and some Lysol spray (for where the mice were) and it's ready for the install.  Even painted up the rods nice.  Might have to show pics somehow when it's all done if I can get them to send. 

Leon in Mn.

• View Profile
Re: Words on back of sail panel (67)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 02:44:41 AM »

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
Re: Words on back of sail panel (67)
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 02:50:13 AM »
I think you are on the right track, at least that is my guess too(IMO). There were probably a stack of cut panels in addition to the uncut parts. This pair may have been the top of the stack and indicated that there were a 100 pair to the stack of this modified piece for lights. Makes sense to me anyway.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

anything