Author Topic: Look what my wife brought home for me just now.  (Read 16780 times)

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
Re: Look what my wife brought home for me just now.
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 01:45:47 AM »
Hate when things happen like this...hopefully your friends , here, will restore your faith in humanity by lifting you up. If not, go out and yell and kick something...won't help, can't(scratch that) could hurt though!!

I gave up hitting things in anger years ago. Now I just scratch my a** and wonder...WTF. I use to be a very trusting sole, but now a days my faith in humanity is slim. I'm glad I have you guys...awwwwh man can I get a hug??? Actually it's my wife who really needs it. She was having an anxiety attack when she show me the damage, she's so upset she went to bed when she got home.
GaryC

'UNRESTORED' 1969 Cortez Silver Z28 X33 D80

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2014, 01:55:22 AM »
Where that damage is on the panel...what would I be looking at for repair? Any ideas? Would this warrant a full panel? Just curious.
GaryC

BillOhio

• View Profile
    • photobucket
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2014, 01:56:34 AM »
My sister has a 6 inch long mark from lowes here. Looks like a bash with a door. Lowes was not real interested in helping here
1969 Z28, Burgandy, numbers matching, 12,900 miles
1968 RS 327 4 speed
1970 Z28 M22 4:10 bought from original owner
1961 Chrysler 300G convertible

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2014, 02:22:40 AM »
Probably someone had a long load that hung out well past a closed tailgate (or on the flatbed type of Lowes truck you saw) and when they turned in the lot didn't expect that the long load would sweep a wider area behind, and whatever was protruding got wedged up against your truck in the process..
Had this happen at my camp when a next door neighbour had a delivery truck drop off some building materials at his home and the driver used my driveway to turn around in. Don't think he even knew what he did to my fencepost as it was out of the view from his side mirrors as he swung out and around the corner..

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2014, 03:44:56 AM »
Probably someone had a long load that hung out well past a closed tailgate (or on the flatbed type of Lowes truck you saw) and when they turned in the lot didn't expect that the long load would sweep a wider area behind, and whatever was protruding got wedged up against your truck in the process..
Had this happen at my camp when a next door neighbour had a delivery truck drop off some building materials at his home and the driver used my driveway to turn around in. Don't think he even knew what he did to my fencepost as it was out of the view from his side mirrors as he swung out and around the corner..

Yeah. I gotcha. When I was in the Air Force working on C5's and it was time to tow one for whatever reason you better damn sure have a wing walker on both tips. When those baby's made there turns around buildings the wings looked like they grew the length of a football field. Of course it's just an optical illusion but it can strike a hanger if your not on your toes. The way the truck was parked in the lot I don't think anyone was making that kind of move. Not that it's impossible but it looks more like somebody was backing up rather close or maybe pulling between my truck and something else parked out there. There just isn't that much room to swing things around where my wife had it parked. Lowes does use box 6 wheelers for delivery and the loaded pick up makes sense but I can't see how it was done in my mind. Just doesn't compute.   
GaryC

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2014, 02:21:50 PM »
Hate when things happen like this...hopefully your friends , here, will restore your faith in humanity by lifting you up. If not, go out and yell and kick something...won't help, can't(scratch that) could hurt though!!

I gave up hitting things in anger years ago. Now I just scratch my a** and wonder...WTF. I use to be a very trusting sole, but now a days my faith in humanity is slim. I'm glad I have you guys...awwwwh man can I get a hug??? Actually it's my wife who really needs it. She was having an anxiety attack when she show me the damage, she's so upset she went to bed when she got home.

You need to be kind and understanding.  Both of you can be mad together at the real villain.
I bought my first classic Chevy when I was in high school.  Some guy ran right into it when my father was driving my car, claiming he was "trying to get a better look".  It's a little awkward when your father has to come home and tell you that your car has been hit.  I told him it wasn't his fault and we could just be mad at that "up-close car admirer".  I've never regretted that attitude.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2014, 04:21:09 PM »
40K on  97?  Do you have about 30 daily drivers?  My newest is a 2000 Cadillac STS and it has 206000 on it and I add about 30K a year.  I'm driving that until the wheels fall of it (which will probably be in the next 12 months).  Then to show you what a glutton for punishment I am, I'm getting an 03 or 04 Range Rover.  Need something to tow the boat, and i need to brush up on my electrical troubleshooting skills, so we'll give a British car a go, plus they plummet in value worse than the Cadillacs do after about 6 years so you can get one relatively cheaply.

Wife has a 2010 Toyota with 34K on it, although her comute is only 6 miles each way, and i won't drive it.
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

vtfb68

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2014, 06:16:44 PM »
Reminds me of a time a friend of mine stupidly dented the family car and never mentioned it to his wife -  till a couple of weeks later after she had thought it had been hit while she was out shopping.
 I wash the daily tranportation cars weekly, like most of you that do the same I know every chip, scrach, smuge, or ding.
   VT

68 05C LA RS/SS U2 712 L34 M21 BR
68 08E LA RS Y2 749 L30 M35
67 11B LA  RS/SS M-1 797-Z L48 M21  Convertible

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2014, 06:19:53 PM »

You need to be kind and understanding.  Both of you can be mad together at the real villain.
I bought my first classic Chevy when I was in high school.  Some guy ran right into it when my father was driving my car, claiming he was "trying to get a better look".  It's a little awkward when your father has to come home and tell you that your car has been hit.  I told him it wasn't his fault and we could just be mad at that "up-close car admirer".  I've never regretted that attitude.

Yes...kindness and understanding. So far we have no idea who the villain is, so at this point neither of us are angry about it but things like this give my wife huge anxiety attacks, neither of us or her family have any idea why. She's had them long before I met her and still has a hard time of it at her age.

GaryC

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2014, 06:28:16 PM »
I bought a 97 S10 with 20,427 miles on it in 2000 and traded it in at just 103,000 in Sept 2012 for the 07 in the above pics with 54,110 miles on it. Since then the OD reads 60,300. I don't drive much myself, don't have a need to really. Working on the farm all the time with no place to go.
GaryC

Kelley W King

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2014, 06:54:39 PM »
At least the person did not leave you the famed note that says,  I just hit your truck. There are people watching me thinking I am leaving you my name and number. I am not.         LOL
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2014, 07:02:32 PM »
You asked about repairing it: I have seen dent pullers get stuff out that was very similar to that. Big dents no paint loss, I would look into that first, they may be able to get 99% of that dent out with the special tools and know how now a days.
Just a suggestion, good luck with it.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2014, 07:44:47 PM »
At least the person did not leave you the famed note that says,  I just hit your truck. There are people watching me thinking I am leaving you my name and number. I am not.         LOL

Now that one would piss me off.
GaryC

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2014, 07:51:18 PM »
You asked about repairing it: I have seen dent pullers get stuff out that was very similar to that. Big dents no paint loss, I would look into that first, they may be able to get 99% of that dent out with the special tools and know how now a days.

I'm with State Farm and went to see my agent today. They have a decent list of select auto repair shops and the local Chevy dealer is on it so it's going there for the repairs. Should take it within a day or so for an estimate and will talk to the tech then to find out what the plan of attack will be.
GaryC

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2014, 08:05:34 PM »

Here is a better shot from a different angle. With the silver the above pics don't seem to really show the extent of the damage. Maybe the dealer can work it out. Probably will have some filler in there I suppose.
GaryC