Author Topic: Original seat tag  (Read 2579 times)

Daytona Yellow 69 Z/28

• View Profile
Original seat tag
« on: April 11, 2014, 02:36:59 AM »
I'm not really sure where to post this but I ran across this tag today while stripping my Passenger side front bucket seat apart to get ready for new buns & covers. This were original 69 trim 712 Black Comfortwieve seats. I had them recovered back in about 81 but the guy never removed the original Burlap as this tag was in between the layers of Burlap..

The original rear seat cover was dated 2/3/69 I thought I took a picture of the date stamp, but now I cant find it although you can kind of see the imprint from it on the rear seat bun. I will retake one and post it soon..
 Here is the rear lower seat before & during tear down..

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Re: Original seat tag
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 01:46:37 PM »
shoot I was hoping you had found the build sheet, i was getting ready to pull mine out.... :D
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

Daytona Yellow 69 Z/28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 01:56:26 PM »
No doubt, my Z's seats would be getting disassembled double quick. lol.. These seats have been in my 68 since about 1981, but were originally out of a triple Black 69 SSRS I parted out back before i knew any better.  :o

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 02:20:15 PM »
I'm not really sure where to post this but I ran across this tag today while stripping my Passenger side front bucket seat apart to get ready for new buns & covers.

Van Dresser supplied the pre-assembled burlap and stiffening wire unit to the "Cushion Rooms" (where the seats were built) in the Fisher Body assembly plants. I think they were later absorbed or acquired by Lear or Johnson Controls when GM quit making seats in-house.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG