Author Topic: CHEVROLET RECORDS  (Read 4765 times)

Ron C.

• View Profile
CHEVROLET RECORDS
« on: September 19, 2006, 07:55:13 PM »
Back a few years ago rumors were going around about chevy releaseing production,option verification W/ vin numbers like pontiac has done.My question is, is this a dead issue? I havent heard anything for some time.Anyone got any info?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 07:57:47 PM by 69RSZ »
67Z/28,67RSZ/28,71SS454CHEVELLE.

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: CHEVROLET RECORDS
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 10:13:53 PM »
I exhaled on August 3, 2004 when JohnZ wrote this in response to a post in the old forum on the subject
This subject has been beaten to death on this and many other Camaro/Corvette/Chevelle forums for a long time, with all manner of weird conspiracy and liability theories being espoused, all of which is simply BS. Chevrolet has commissioned massive internal searches at least twice (I know the people personally who headed those efforts), and contracted with Jim Mattison's ASC firm (which owns PHS) three years ago to find the 30-40-year-old records, and nobody has found anything (and I doubt they ever will). GM is not in the business of saving and cataloging old paper records - they're in the business of selling cars and trucks. This subject makes great chatter at cruise-ins, but that's all it is - idle chatter and weird theories; don't hold your breath for some miraculous treasure trove of old records to surface. If anyone had found them, they would have surfaced by now.
  One vote for it's dead. :)

Steve

Ron C.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »
Thanks Steve,I have been wondering about it.So I guess the people that are selling stamped blocks and fake Z/28s and SSs will continue.
67Z/28,67RSZ/28,71SS454CHEVELLE.

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 10:47:04 PM »
I think you can count on it.  I'm just glad that I bought my car new and have held on to it all these years......don't have the worry about originality things.

Steve