Author Topic: My other 2 69's  (Read 10073 times)

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
Re: My other 2 69's
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 08:59:32 PM »
Maybe kinda tough to see, but I put '70 mirrors (R&L, driver remote) on my '69 in '75. Other mods (which fortunately for the car never happened) were planned aftermarket "T" tops (the rage in mid '70's, mfg. by Hurst and others), custom grille with square headlights, black paint with gold highlights/panels; I did install an in-dash AM/FM CB, plus a column mount Sun Super tach. Removed the console, installed a Mr. Gasket Pro Shifter, recarpeted with fuzzy shag black carpet. I was proud of it, still am considering I should be shot for what I did to it, or for what I wanted to do to it - at least most of the car made it this far fairly intact.

In 1979/80, I learned what the X77 stood for on the cowl tag, so mods ceased and recovery began - still at it all these years later.

Regards,
Steve
It struck me as funny that I was just sharing some pics from back in the day and the conversation turned to "mods" we did or saw. Normally, I would be embarrassed to show what my mods were going to be, but here goes with the following pics. I will remind you guys that I always appreciated originality, even when I was 18. I did not like "hacked up" cars then or now. The blue car pics are the "born with" engine with some idea where I was going with the car mods. Ended up putting the setup on the Yellow car for awhile, but now that setup is on a shelf. I kept all the original parts by the way including manifolds and air cleaner, Thank God. Will post current pics of yellow car later.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 09:16:48 PM »
that is a WILD set up man! Are those copper or brass? The yellow car looks like a street beast with that set up on it...how did it go?
By the way if that mail pouch tobacco thermometer in the back round is still there, my father in law would be interested in it  ;D
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2013, 01:59:28 AM »
No embarrassment , you owned it all these years. Cars got it's own past. With you in it. Digging the pics  Mid 12's.. That's what I was turning. Fast time in it's day--really on the streets.
68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2014, 02:52:14 AM »
Today, I made contact with the previous owner of my blue car. He was surprised, to say the least, that I still had the car after so long. You may recall, I purchased car in 1979. I was 18 then. There was a local trader paper that came out weekly called the Trad'in Post. I still have the issue that had the ad for the car. Previous owner shed some light on the history. His mom owned car and he got it from her. He still lives in the Greater Cincinnati area, like me. He told me that his mom bought a white 6cyl. 669 new and his older sister was driving it one day and hit ice and totaled car. His mom replaced that car with what is now my car a Lemans Blue SS L48. When I acquired car, it was an unmodified unmolested car other than the funky mirrors added and a Sears under dash AC, which was the first thing I canned.The car is a manual steering car, which he thought it was odd that his mom settled for a non power steering car. Hopefully(fingers crossed) he produces some documents.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13