Author Topic: Sorry, another air cleaner decal question  (Read 5236 times)

Frosty69

• View Profile
Sorry, another air cleaner decal question
« on: September 16, 2013, 01:36:30 AM »
I'm trying to get as close as I can to the correct air cleaner decal (not the engine/hp) for my '69 and think I have the right info but wanted to double check. 01C Van Nuys build L65 with the TH350 automatic, the broadcast sheet confirms the DD carb and the AIM shows the air cleaner assembly should be 6484674. I found one on ebay that has the DD and part number but it is black and gold. I am understanding this would be correct for my build date and the "Keep your GM car all GM" white stickers are on later builds? I'm also understanding these were almost always put on the drivers side of the car but there is no detailed info or dimensions on placement.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/67-68-69-CHEVELLE-CAMARO-NOVA-IMPALA-CORVETTE-AIR-CLEANER-DECAL-/271082226898?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1dc284d2

Thanks as always for the assistance!

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
Re: Sorry, another air cleaner decal question
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 10:14:51 AM »
Take a look at the reproductions member Don Lightfoot has on his website.
Top notch, quality work.

http://www.angelfire.com/rock/69ss/index.html

Brian
1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 04:30:52 PM »
I found one on ebay that has the DD and part number but it is black and gold. I am understanding this would be correct for my build date and the "Keep your GM car all GM" white stickers are on later builds? I'm also understanding these were almost always put on the drivers side of the car but there is no detailed info or dimensions on placement.

The only info on dimensions/placement would be on the original AC Spark Plug air cleaner assembly drawing - they applied the decal before shipping the air cleaner to the car assembly plant, which is why it doesn't show up in the Assembly Manual either.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Frosty69

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 02:04:37 AM »
Thanks Brian, unfortunately there is nothing on the website you gave me for the L65 350.

John, that is what I thought. Am I on the right track with the black/gold decal?

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 02:24:18 AM »
Thanks Brian, unfortunately there is nothing on the website you gave me for the L65 350.

I might be able to make adjustments to that Black "CO" decal shown on my website.  I would need the AC filter number (if not A348C), two digit code (DD?) and part number (6484674?).  Might be worth a shot.  Let me know.
WEBSITE
Specialized Chevrolet Decals

Frosty69

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 04:45:16 PM »
I might be able to make adjustments to that Black "CO" decal shown on my website.  I would need the AC filter number (if not A348C), two digit code (DD?) and part number (6484674?).  Might be worth a shot.  Let me know.

How did I miss this post???? A very belated thank you for the offer! The code is DD and the part number is 6484674, I'm not sure about the AC filter number but I will look.

I'm still not sure if the black/gold decal is (or could be) correct for my car.

anything