Author Topic: Lost 69 RS  (Read 2941 times)

Dave Keller

• View Profile
Lost 69 RS
« on: August 29, 2013, 03:40:58 PM »
LOST 69 CAMARO RS

For sentimental reasons, it has become an obsession for me to find out if my Dads 1969 Camaro RS, Olympic gold, 350 4bbl, 4 speed hurst still exists.
This is what I know about his car. The car was purchased on December 17th 1968 from CH Davidson motors Campbellford Ontario. He traded the car to a dealer in Leaside Toronto on Bayview Ave (East York) August or September 1974. The non transferable license plates on the car was 980-407, blue plate white numbers. The VIN# for the Camaro is 124379N557591.
    The DMV can only say that this Camaro has not been registered in Ontario after 1981. This could mean many things. It could be in a barn, it could out of province, or it could be a tin can.
I have had a lot of feedback from car shows and the Camaro community over the past couple of years, and to all, I very much appreciate all the leads you have given me.
If anyone in the community of enthusiasts has any information or new ideas for me to explore, please do not hesitate to send me on my next road trip in search of my Dads Camaro, and closure for me. Thanks to all! Dave Keller.

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Lost 69 RS
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 04:00:27 PM »
Dave, I moved your post to the General Discussion area, but sorry to say, the car's not in the database.

Ed

Dave Keller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 04:07:43 PM »
Thanks Ed.

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 11:21:56 AM »
Dave have you run the vin number at the US Government title clearing house database? She may have been sent south to the States after 81 and has been on record since then. The database will list every title hit - registration, or scrap the vin received here in the US. only 5 bucks USD so worth a shot. http://www.vehiclehistory.gov/  All the vendors attached to the program have access to the same data so the only difference is the output of the report. Some are glossy with loads of goofy graphics, and others bare bones with just the data. I use Auto Data Direct because the reports are easy to read and they take paypal payments. http://www.add123.com/  Good luck and I hope you report that you have found her.
1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator

anything