Author Topic: Setting the Record Straight about a car..  (Read 3068 times)

TooManyReels

• View Profile
Setting the Record Straight about a car..
« on: August 13, 2013, 02:18:03 AM »
In February of 2011, when I knew very little about Z-28's I requested information regarding the following car. I posted some misinformation and I would like to set the record straight regarding this car. Here is the correct information regarding this car. Let's hope, I don't screw this up !!!

Vin #124379N663446
Cowl Tag 124379NOR357740
06A  Trim 723
X77 D80  57-57

A response from Kurt back then - "Don't search for the engine VIN. That's not the original block. Had a 350 in it last I knew. Axle is dented where the axle code is. Was in MI. Tag used to say 57-57 723, so that looks to have been changed." 

I can't speak to the motor since it has not been taken apart.  This car does have the dented axle where the axle code is, so I trust the information on the cowl tag now that I have all the correct information.

However, I regret that I posted incorrect information about this car when seeking information regarding this car. I have since learned a valuable lesson in that if you can take a picture or see the numbers clearly don't guess and don't post...Many trying to help will draw the wrong conclusion based on one actions.

Thanks for letting me set the record straight about this car. It would be unfair to this car and any future person checking on my misleading information regarding this car.  It has been sold once since February of 2013 and is still in North Carolina for now.

TooManyReels
 ES

Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: Setting the Record Straight about a car..
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 03:30:43 AM »
Thanks!
Seller in 05 clearly stated it was a NOM350 and it came another car's DZ block.
Kurt S
CRG

anything