CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 04:49:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
104924 Posts in 12259 Topics by 4726 Members
Latest Member: mulder0474
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Charlotte Autofair
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Charlotte Autofair  (Read 1832 times)
lakeholme

*68-12D L30/M35*

View Profile WWW
« on: August 31, 2006, 07:33:00 PM »

Take a look:
http://www.charlotte-autofair.com/
In April there were lots of 1 Generation Camaros for sale --in varying states of condition...
Come see me on Saturday in the AACA show.  Grin

Phillip
HNR-AACA, Senior Master
Planning 2016 Sentimental Tour, AACA (and restoring a 40 Buick Special for it)
AACA Southeastern Division Spring Meet Chair
"Charlotte AutoFair, presented by the Hornets Nest Region, AACA, is the largest and greatest Collector Vehicle Event in the Southeast USA."
hotrod68

almost finished

rusticman48@aol
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 11:24:09 PM »

Can't make it, Lake, but it's quite a show! The 1st time I went was back in the mid-'80s, and it was a thrill to walk up on the 2nd turn of the track and actually FEEL how steep that thing is banked! TV doesn't do it justice. I went looking for an Edelbrock TM-1 Tarantula manifold and found one. The number of vendors is staggering--it took a whole day just to walk around the race track infield looking at all the stuff! Who are you with?

HotRod'68  1968 SS350 coupe undergoing frame-off resto/rod. 386/350/4.11s
Butternut Yellow    black standard interior
lakeholme

*68-12D L30/M35*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 03:38:04 PM »

I just show my car in the AACA show.  Some of my friends are Hornet's Nest officers, but I still have to work for a living and those positions are all filled by retired guys.  I have judged a bit, but again that takes time.

You're right about the track.  It's quite a site.  And you could get lost for three days just looking at all the vendor stuff.

Phillip
HNR-AACA, Senior Master
"Charlotte AutoFair, presented by the Hornets Nest Region, AACA, is the largest and greatest Collector Vehicle Event in the Southeast USA."
lakeholme

*68-12D L30/M35*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 08:21:21 PM »

A 68 Camaro (no not mine) won the Class 27H (includes 67 and 68), second time in a row for Charlotte AACA. 

There were over 50 1st Generation Camaros for sale in the car corral.  Prices are WAY UP --the AACA treasurer told me, it looked like Camaro prices had increased by about a third since the Spring show in April.

I had been saying that prices were lower in the South --NOT ANY MORE!  Good News if you've got one...

Phillip
HNR-AACA, Senior Master
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: