Author Topic: Carolina Blue 67 RS Camaro  (Read 7332 times)

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
Carolina Blue 67 RS Camaro
« on: March 08, 2013, 11:40:29 PM »
Hi Guys. I found something interesting today and thought I would pass it on.

I found a flat hood for sale on Delaware Craigslist in really nice condition for $50.00. So I went to pick it up and the guy had a 67 RS Black Vinyl Top, medium blue interior, console, 327/210, auto, and a/c. The real treat was the O-2 paint code. Car is painted Carolina Blue which he said is the original color. I didn't bring a camaro and didn't have my phone to get a pic of anything, but I did tell him about CRG and TC, so hopefully he'll join us. Car is restored and really looks great.
GaryC

'UNRESTORED' 1969 Cortez Silver Z28 X33 D80

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Re: Carolina Blue 67 RS Camaro
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 02:36:44 PM »
Gary,
Did the owner of the O-2 paint code car know its original dealership?
The reason I ask is we've never found an original special paint carolina blue Camaro that was first sold in NC. 70s Chvelles, yes, but no Camaros.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 06:31:24 PM »

Phillip,
We didn't go too much into his car. He was showing me a couple of things that was on the trim plate and I was suggesting he check out and join both the T.C. and CRG websites. I think I still have his phone number, I'm might give him a call to let him know there is an interest about his car.

Gary,
The reason I ask is we've never found an original special paint carolina blue Camaro that was first sold in NC. 70s Chvelles, yes, but no Camaros.
GaryC

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 02:05:38 AM »
Was the guy's name Cliff?
Kurt S
CRG

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 03:59:12 AM »
Yes Kurt it is.

Was the guy's name Cliff?
GaryC

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 02:23:56 PM »

Phillip,
We didn't go too much into his car. He was showing me a couple of things that was on the trim plate and I was suggesting he check out and join both the T.C. and CRG websites. I think I still have his phone number, I'm might give him a call to let him know there is an interest about his car.

Gary,
Just curious... You'd think here in Tarheel country there would have been some dealer promotions or something.  So far, haven't been able to find one.  BTW, Carolina Blue is just a shade darker that the Powder Blue color that Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Chevy and others generally used.  In the Pantone color chart it is #278 and has officially been around since 1795 and is licensed by UNC-CH, which partially explains why none of the car companies have ever referred to any color by its most popular school association.
Phillip
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 02:30:47 PM »
1795, is that right? That's been around a long time.

Phillip,

Gary,
Just curious... You'd think here in Tarheel country there would have been some dealer promotions or something.  So far, haven't been able to find one.  BTW, Carolina Blue is just a shade darker that the Powder Blue color that Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Chevy and others generally used.  In the Pantone color chart it is #278 and has officially been around since 1795 and is licensed by UNC-CH, which partially explains why none of the car companies have ever referred to any color by its most popular school association.
Phillip
GaryC

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 04:17:14 AM »
Gary,
I've seen several 69's. I think this is the only 67 I know of.
Kurt S
CRG

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 06:53:29 AM »
I had mentioned this once in another post about my girl friends brothers 69Z in Atlanta. My first year in high school, 1969, my girlfriends brother picked her up from a late night party we were at and this was my first exposure to the 69 Z28. His car was a real light blue, not anything I have seen other then the common colors. It was an RS, white top, white stripes, white houndstooth and looked to me to be what most people would call powder blue. Car looked pretty sharp.
GaryC

anything