This is my first real use of body filler and I have some questions. Right now I am trying to do cosmetic work on parts that are sound but have pitting in them. My subframe, a-arms, front bumper brackets, and things like that.
1) I am trying to get the mix ratio of hardener right. I did some experimenting. The first two times, I added too much and it set up too fast. The third time, I had about three minutes to spread it before it started to set up. Is this about right or should I try less hardener. Is there a standard "working time" before set up that tells you your mix is right?
2) How long after you apply the filler should you wait till you start sanding.
3) How long should you let the filler dry before applying paint?
4) How long can you leave the filler exposed before you put paint on it? Will the filler start to absorb moisture if it sits exposed too long?.......and cause problems with the paint later?
5) If you wipe it with wax and grease remover before painting, is there a certain amount of time you should wait to let it completely evaporate out?
6) These parts were already sandblasted and epoxy primered. I am putting the body filler over the epoxy primer. I am going to use Eastwoods 2K Chassis Black for the final coat........should there be a primer between the body filler and the final coat.......and if so, what is recommended?