Author Topic: Early bird special.  (Read 17506 times)

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: Early bird special.
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 05:11:17 PM »
Why are there no tailpipe(s) coming out of the muffler? I thought the complete system was installed in 1 piece.
Kurt S
CRG

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 05:42:55 PM »
This looks like a single exhaust. I see the tailpipe on the right side but the tip is painted black.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 07:09:22 AM »
Yeah, but to exit the car, it needs to go at least to the rear spring eye. It's not even close.
Kurt S
CRG

NoYenko

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013, 12:43:51 PM »
Kurt, I think the muffler is being pushed up by the axle support as it is not level. And the rear axle seems to be tilted back some what causing the the spring eye lower at the rear. George

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2013, 01:27:57 PM »
   Photography (astrophotography mainly) is one of my favorite pass times. Whoever took this picture had a very good idea how to get dept perception by shooting from an angle. The fact that we see the exhaust pipe from this vantage point will make it appear it is further back or even shorter because you can't see the length of pipe that is blocked from the bends rise out of the muffler at one side and the fall of the exhaust exit point at the other end so that is giving and interposition view of how our eyes see things so it does affect our visual depth perception. And as George pointed out the muffler does look pushed up and the axle down.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored