CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 09:07:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
103782 Posts in 12188 Topics by 4700 Members
Latest Member: lpetruc
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Restoration
| | |-+  hooking up a original GM tac with a hei dist
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hooking up a original GM tac with a hei dist  (Read 733 times)
rippin

View Profile Email
« on: December 19, 2012, 07:43:25 PM »

i just put in a GM hei dist in my 68 camaro, now to run the GM  tic-toc tac with the hei do i need to place a fiter in line , or ? so i dont burn the tac out
rippin

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 12:20:36 PM »

maybe ill reword this ,after changing from a points dist to a hei dist ,  will the hei dist burn out the org GM tack and what or how i do i  hook it up so as not to burn out the GM tack ?
canadair

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 07:39:59 AM »

As with a petronix setup I needed to put a resister in line coming from the coil ,it fluttered before the resister and worked perfect after installed
69pace

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 07:46:42 PM »

you have a few options. You will need either an in line Tachometer filter or send the Tachometer out to be retrofitted.
The filter option is cheap and easy, whereas you would need to send the Tachometer to a quality shop such as redline gauge in California.
Build a filter yourself or buy it ready to go. Threads and instructions over at Jim's firstgens.com to make one from Radio Shack parts, or buy one from MSD.

1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: